Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

That wasn't necessarily toward you, your post just reminded me of it. I've seen smokescreen talk here and on Twitter and it just seems like a horrible idea. Even if they're using Alford.

Yeah I really don't like the idea myself. But I will say if these rumors are to get people talking about these two and IU goes and hires Stevens, it's a genius move

Easily 8 mil...hmmm

Maybe not easily but it's a 100 million dollar budget. UK and Duke pay 8. IU could pay 8. Although 6 or 7 seems more reasonable.

It's going to take 6-8 to get Donovan. So if there is any truth to Donovan, then Stevens salary would be attainable.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Just now, hoosierpap said:

They value their other 20+ programs and all that comes with them

Our program is still in the top four in value though along with Glass saying resources will not be an issue. I don't think that number is completely out of reach. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Do you believe Donovan is in play?
Those are the numbers we would be playing with. 6-8.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 is different than 8...I can see IU doing 6, 8..no. and 8 "easily" is absurd was my point. Nothing I've been told suggests Donovan is in play, but there are a lot of people on the internet so they may know more than me. 

2 hours ago, SteelerHoosier said:

There are a lot of good coaches.....otherwise they wouldn't be coaching D1 basketball. We don't need a good coach. We need an elite/great coach.

This right here is how I feel. 

Gonna have to say I'm putting my trust in Glass. I think a lot of fans are like me. We wanted Crean gone in the worst way. Two years ago would have been great to me. Hell, the day after the Syracuse tournament game would have been awesome to me! I think, to the credit of Fred Glass, he was deliberative, thoughtful, and somewhat methodical. I Hope he approaches this hire the same way. Take your time and get it right. 

Judging by the criteria he gave at his presser I think he has lofty goals and I Hope he keeps his focus on them. Makes his decision based on importance not urgency. 

If Donovan is available/interested I Hope he waits until Hell freezes over. I'm not worried about recruiting for next year. If we can get Donovan I don't care if we suck next year (I don't believe we Will but I'm not concerned if we do). I think Donovan could hit the ground running, recover quickly, and be a long term home run solution. 

I Will say that of the remaining candidates names that have been tossed around I've always been a fan of Marshall. I like his "kiss my a##" attitude and he's been a winner. 

The one who has really grown on me though is Bennett. After researching some his offense has been better than my first impression. His defenses have been very good. Almost great at times. What I like best about him though is that he's coached in the ACC. It's the best basketball conference going. I don't think he's going to encounter anything in the B1G that he's not encountered before. If he can coach against Roy and K I think he's good to go against anyone in the B1G.

Edited by RedsIUfan

1 minute ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Our program is still in the top four in value though along with Glass saying resources will not be an issue. I don't think that number is completely out of reach. 

The Athletic Department has a separate budget allocated to them

6 is different than 8...I can see IU doing 6, 8..no. and 8 "easily" is absurd was my point. Nothing I've been told suggests Donovan is in play, but there are a lot of people on the internet so they may know more than me. 

Yeah. Agree on "easy" part. You got me there.

I just think IU could pay what Duke and UKs if they wanted to. 100 million dollar budget just for basketball. That money can be distributed in many ways.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

25 minutes ago, tortex28 said:

Who ever we hire can't be a lateral move for the coach or it's probably not gonna happen. An example would be be Mike White at Florida. At the same time, You don't want to think to small. The longer this goes on, I'm starting to think it's either gonna be someone like Billy Donavon or someone no one is talking about like Bryce Drew for example.

I think Bryce Drew is a good coach -- an Xs ad Os guy. But at IU, you need to be so much more than a good coach. You have to be the face of the program, you have to press the flesh, you have to take a ton of heat. I'm not saying Bryce doesn't have a thick skin, but I wonder if he has the temperament to run a program with as high a profile as IU's. 

It really is a shame that Brad is so happy in Boston.  This in any other situation would be so perfect for him to take over.  Big pay raise.  The opportunity to coach a dream job for him and be the one to truly bring IU back.  Us fans would have an elite coach from Indiana.  Just such a perfect scenario.   Just wish it could all fall into place.  What a bummer.