Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

The guy is not coming back. Jeez, it's like he's Freddie Kruger or Jason and half the people on this board think he's still alive or going to get us in our nightmares.

Remember, he has a VERY GOOD job right now. He just went 31-5 and has a great class coming in. Coming to IU would open up a huge jar of headaches for Steve Alford and there is no solid evidence he was ever at the top of Fred's list anyway. It is not gonna happen. Jason is not in the closet, and you can go back to sleep ... :)

When he doesn't come here it won't be from lack of interest on his part imo. If IU were to offer him the job I think he would sign in a heartbeat. I was going off his comments last night, I didn't know about IU turning him down.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

Noooooo!! We've seen enough of that show

Hire Billy! That would be outstanding

Yes, hiring Donovan would be outstanding. But if he's not interested, he's not interested. And no offense to IU, but why would he be? He's making $6 mil a year and doesn't have to try to persuade spoiled, arrogant teenagers to attend his school. I love IU -- am from Indiana, have an IU degree and have been a fan for 30-plus years -- but this just ain't happening. 

Edited by LamarCheeks

It's not misdirection. It literally says on the FlightAware website that you can have your flight blocked from being shown. I never said anything about misdirection.

OK. That's fair. I was talking more about those who think flights making stops in other cities, and then Bloomington, was part of a grand scheme to mask what was happening.
Sorry.

I think the smokescreen talk is probably the most unlikely scenario we can come up with. Would using Donovan or Alford (or any other big name) do anything but piss off a huge chunk of the fanbase when it ends up not being true?

I could be wrong and don't claim to know how these things work, but logic tells me not to dangle a hire that a big percentage of your fans want in their faces, just to distract the other portion of the fanbase. I've never understood the smokescreen thing.

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

I think the smokescreen talk is probably the most unlikely scenario we can come up with. Would using Donovan or Alford (or any other big name) do anything but piss off a huge chunk of the fanbase when it ends up not being true?

I could be wrong and don't claim to know how these things work, but logic tells me not to dangle a hire that a big percentage of your fans want in their faces, just to distract the other portion of the fanbase. I've never understood the smokescreen thing.

I was talking about the Alford one. It would be the dumbest thing ever to use Donovan as a smokescreen unless it meant IU was getting Stevens

Who ever we hire can't be a lateral move for the coach or it's probably not gonna happen. An example would be be Mike White at Florida. At the same time, You don't want to think to small. The longer this goes on, I'm starting to think it's either gonna be someone like Billy Donavon or someone no one is talking about like Bryce Drew for example.

I was talking about the Alford one. It would be the dumbest thing ever to use Donovan as a smokescreen unless it meant IU was getting Stevens

I'm still thinking Stevens is in play. Lol

He makes 3.7. We can pay 8. I realize he is in a Great spot but money talks and Indiana is home. Idk. I haven't given up hope but the playoff thing is a problem. It'll drag on forever.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

That wasn't necessarily toward you, your post just reminded me of it. I've seen smokescreen talk here and on Twitter and it just seems like a horrible idea. Even if they're using Alford.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

If Donovan's name is intentionally being used as a smokescreen for anyone other than Brad Stevens, then we need to seriously re-think how smart the IU administration is.  That would be fork in an electrical socket stupid.

If they went with it out of convenience it's not as stupid, but wouldn't endear themselves to the fan base.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'm still thinking Stevens is in play. Lol

He makes 3.7. We can pay 8. I realize he is in a Great spot but money talks and Indiana is home. Idk. I haven't given up hope but the playoff thing is a problem. It'll drag on forever.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Honestly, I haven't given up complete hope either. IU could easily pay him $8M. And maybe Brad wants to bring IU back to greatness. I would still take him over Donovan but can't go wrong with either one