Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Right now, I'm just at a point that it's Donovan or bust. Donovan is the home run hire (of course Stevens too but I'm being realistic). It's his body of work that is needed at IU. I'd be excited about a Bennett hire but everyone else is just meh.  Singles until they prove otherwise.  There are a lot of good coaches out there but this needs to be a statement hire, not simply an improvement from Crean.  Btw, Alford would be a strikeout with the runner safe at first on a passed ball.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Buckner doesn't surprise me as he probably has his nose stuck up The General's butt further than most and I'm sure Alford would be who RMK would want hired and then he would make his grand return to Bloomington (so yet another reason not to hire Stevie.).  Wasn't Buckner the one that as much as implied the '76 champs had to ask RMK's permission to attend the honor ceremony for them this past season?  

Just re-read and was Buckner supporting Alford or Woodson?.  My first reaction may not have been in direct response but it really doesn't matter because I don't want either one.

I was under the understanding that Buckner was the guy making the big push for Donovan 

17 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

That makes me 99.9% confident it wont be Alford.

Kind of where I am.  My gut says Alford (really hoping it's just gas), but an idiot like Gottlieb saying that actually makes me feel better.

Right now, I'm just at a point that it's Donovan or bust. Donovan is the home run hire (of course Stevens too but I'm being realistic). It's his body of work that is needed at IU. I'd be excited about a Bennett hire but everyone else is just meh.  Singles until they prove otherwise.  There are a lot of good coaches out there but this needs to be a statement hire, not simply an improvement from Crean.  Btw, Alford would be a strikeout with the runner safe at first on a passed ball.

Exactly. Anyone less than Donovan or Stevens will be disappointing to some extent.

But then again it's our fault for thinking Donovan is even interested. Yes there are insider reports but there's a question to if it's true or not.

We need to offer the farm to Billy. Hopefully Glass called Stevens to at least touch base.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Exactly. Anyone less than Donovan or Stevens will be disappointing to some extent.

But then again it's our fault for thinking Donovan is even interested. Yes there are insider reports but there's a question to if it's true or not.

We need to offer the farm to Billy. Hopefully Glass called Stevens to at least touch base.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think it would be our fault to think Stevens was interested.  There's already smoke and a past confirmation that Donovan was and is interested now.  We're allowed to be insanely hopeful from that.

7 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Question for those with high Donovan numbers.  Are you hoping or is this truly what you believe?  Guy makes $6 million per; and he's only been there 2 seasons.  

Hoping here, but is there a difference between hoping and believing in this scenario?  There are only a select few who have real information and of those, probably only a few have factual information (i.e., not a smokescreen).

Time will tell and hopefully by this time next week we are signing the praises of FG.