Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

2 minutes ago, RedsIUfan said:

Think of all the money he'd get doing that coach's show at the Holiday Inn though!

Somebody mentioned paying his mortgage off like Alabama/Saban. Is there any $ leftover from that Crean Buyout gofundme page?

56 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

So everybody loves Chris Mack now? Ok then.

His resume still doesn't inspire a ton of confidence.

03428632eb61f04405fb093af40de504.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Mack does recruit the state well, but I'm just not completely sold on him... hard to pick a hire based on one game... but he seems solid in a quiet way...

42 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Yep. The Big East isn't what it once was.

And right there with you on the regular season success. The more times you can be a top seed in the tournament... the better chance you have of breaking through in the tournament. I understand Miller hasn't been able to yet (I understand the knock) , but I think he has proven himself to be a good coach and an elite recruiter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The problem with Sean Miller is that he coaches the crap out of the regular season, and no matter where he's seeded in the NCAA tournament, he collapses.

I thought about doing this as a poll, but decided to do it this way so that y'all can list your percentage chance for various candidates.

My (arbitrarily imposed) rules for this thread:

• List by % chance ONLY
  • "Other" is a useable option
  • Total % must = 100

I'll go first with my opinion:

25% Bennett

20% Alford

20% Billy D

10% Sean Miller

6% Archie Miller

6% Holtmann

5% Mack

2% Fife

2% Marshall

1% Collins

3% Other 

Odds :

Alford 25%

Fife   12%

Bennett  10%

Holtmann  10%

Mack 10%

Frank Martin  5% (new name I keep hearing)

Donovan  4%

A Miller Brother 3%

Woodson  3%

Marshall  1% (Crazy Wife Longshot of the Day)

Other : A name nobody has thought of  17%   (I think this is a real possibility)

30 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

ESPN just brought up Alford, Woodson (said Buckner is a big supporter of this one...makes no sense to me), Mack, and Archie. 

No mention of Donovan. Just thought that was interesting.

Buckner doesn't surprise me as he probably has his nose stuck up The General's butt further than most and I'm sure Alford would be who RMK would want hired and then he would make his grand return to Bloomington (so yet another reason not to hire Stevie.).  Wasn't Buckner the one that as much as implied the '76 champs had to ask RMK's permission to attend the honor ceremony for them this past season?  

Just re-read and was Buckner supporting Alford or Woodson?.  My first reaction may not have been in direct response but it really doesn't matter because I don't want either one.