Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Only even sound argument is they are in the Big East now but honestly there is only Nova in the way as a power. Not even coming close to top 3 each year worries me with Mack. You have to have regular season success too. That is key. I dont want to be an 11 each year and have to take a hard road. Id rather be a 1-5 seed.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep. The Big East isn't what it once was.

And right there with you on the regular season success. The more times you can be a top seed in the tournament... the better chance you have of breaking through in the tournament. I understand Miller hasn't been able to yet (I understand the knock) , but I think he has proven himself to be a good coach and an elite recruiter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Maynard said:

At least his team scored in the 70's though... right?  It's crazy that people think he is such an amazing coach. He got outcoached by Chris Webber last night.   People don't realize what a great setup Arizona is.   People there love their basketball and the draw is second only to UCLA on the West Coast.  Still, at a top school he can't get it done.   Bennett on the other hand is crucified for not taking Washington to a Final Four, it's silly. 

Hire Chris Webber!

19 days left in NBA regular season.......

26 until Billy D could be done this year. Lets get a count down going lol. If we hire someone late next week or the following why not just wait for Billy D? Everyone seems to think next Thursday would be the soonest we announced so take an extra week and get Billy D. The regular season would be pretty much done and the coaching carousel in the NBA would be going full swing then with firings. Perfect timing.

50 minutes ago, Travis Scott said:

The only flights halfway worth checking would be those leaving Bloomington as Glass is going to travel to the coach, not vice versa.  Not to mention, with tech the way it is these days they can do the first round of interviews in their jammies. Glass strikes me as a Star Wars with footies type.

Glass wouldn't be doing the interview, period.  These search firms give confidentiality and separation, the candidate and the AD won't have direct communication until the contract is ready.

2 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

26 until Billy D could be done this year. Lets get a count down going lol. If we hire someone late next week or the following why not just wait for Billy D? Everyone seems to think next Thursday would be the soonest we announced so take an extra week and get Billy D. The regular season would be pretty much done and the coaching carousel in the NBA would be going full swing then with firings. Perfect timing.

If it ended today they would be #6 seed and play #3 Houston in first round. Even if they could catch the Clippers and overtake the #5 they would get #4 Utah who is playing really well right now.

I don't think they win a series and I would be surprised if any series they play gets to 7 games.

3 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Nope. Still can't do it. If UCLA wins, one moron is happy. If pUKe wins, a lot of morons are happy. I prefer a limited amount of moronic happiness at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

True this! He's just the moron I'm having listen to on t.v. lately lol. 

3 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

I'd strongly recommend you take a look at both resumes and then tell me which one has won consistently. Mack has had 12+ losses 5 out of the last 6 years. Where Sean Miller has only lost 12 games (and more than 9) in 1 of the last 7 years.

Given the choice between the 2, you take Sean Miller 10/10 times.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Miller has had tons of talent too. He has had arguably some of the most talented teams in college over the last several years and hasn't made it to the FF.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

ESPN just brought up Alford, Woodson (said Buckner is a big supporter of this one...makes no sense to me), Mack, and Archie. 

No mention of Donovan. Just thought that was interesting.

SVP and Bomani Jones both have Billy as front runner. At this point Sportscenter anchors know no more than you and I. They are just giving their opinions.

If it ended today they would be #6 seed and play #3 Houston in first round. Even if they could catch the Clippers and overtake the #5 they would get #4 Utah who is playing really well right now.

I don't think they win a series and I would be surprised if any series they play gets to 7 games.

The Jazz matchup perfect for them. Gobert and Hill are great defenders as well as Hayward being good all around. Throw in Hood who could frustrate RW and I think that series ends in 5 or 6. The Rockets seem too good to be true though. They are having an amazing year but their coach doesnt have the playoff success you would want. That could go 6 or 7 but maybe Dantoni gets past his oast failures and sweeps them. I dont see the Thunder beating either tho. I just dont see the Thunder going without a fight. Billy could announce before the playoffs. If he is our guy. I looked his contract up year by year some years he makes 5.5 some he makes 6.5. We would have to frontload his contract probably. I say 7 years 52 million. First year he makes over 8 and the following years 7.5 and then 6.5 towards the end which by then going off the success he had here could get a raise or extension by then. Make his buyout whatever makes him comfortable. 15 million each year with his next job going towards that amount. I am bored so numbers are keeping me entertained lol.

1 minute ago, Uwe Robb said:

SVP and Bomani Jones both have Billy as front runner. At this point Sportscenter anchors know no more than you and I. They are just giving their opinions.

Any pundit handicapping that doesn't include Bennett as one of the reasonably foreseeable options is uninformed, in my "not an insider" opinion.

SVP amd Jay Williams are really only opinions that matter to me. Both have no hidden agendas and are straight shooters. Both are on our side as well and that bodes well if we even have a shot at mister Donovan.

2 hours ago, 513HoosierJS said:

I don't understand how people can want Sean Miller over Chris Mack. What has Miller done that is so impressive? Mack consistently winning with less resources and less talent. I would take that in a second.

Sean Miller is a great coach ... until the tourney starts... always has been... good recruiter, great fan base, just can't get it done in the dance. The U of A fans are pretty rabid, but mostly in a fairly passive way (if that makes sense). It's almost like they expect the collapse... and they seem to enjoy the ride up to the point where everything crashed down around them. If memory serves, Arizona (though not Miller) was the first 2 seed to be dumped by a 15 (Santa Clara in '93), so they have history and experience here.

3 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

The Jazz matchup perfect for them. Gobert and Hill are great defenders as well as Hayward being good all around. Throw in Hood who could frustrate RW and I think that series ends in 5 or 6. The Rockets seem too good to be true though. They are having an amazing year but their coach doesnt have the playoff success you would want. That could go 6 or 7 but maybe Dantoni gets past his oast failures and sweeps them. I dont see the Thunder beating either tho. I just dont see the Thunder going without a fight. Billy could announce before the playoffs. If he is our guy. I looked his contract up year by year some years he makes 5.5 some he makes 6.5. We would have to frontload his contract probably. I say 7 years 52 million. First year he makes over 8 and the following years 7.5 and then 6.5 towards the end which by then going off the success he had here could get a raise or extension by then. Make his buyout whatever makes him comfortable. 15 million each year with his next job going towards that amount. I am bored so numbers are keeping me entertained lol.

Think of all the money he'd get doing that coach's show at the Holiday Inn though!

Edited by RedsIUfan

1 hour ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

The Alford rumors are starting again.

Have the Alford rumors ever gone away? They will be there until Fred Glass introduces him as the new coach -- or until Glass introduces someone else. (Hopefully someone else). 

Edited by LamarCheeks