Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

17 minutes ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Sean Miller falls short yet again and somehow some people still want this guy...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

At least his team scored in the 70's though... right?  It's crazy that people think he is such an amazing coach. He got outcoached by Chris Webber last night.   People don't realize what a great setup Arizona is.   People there love their basketball and the draw is second only to UCLA on the West Coast.  Still, at a top school he can't get it done.   Bennett on the other hand is crucified for not taking Washington to a Final Four, it's silly. 

1 minute ago, Maynard said:

At least his team scored in the 70's though... right?  It's crazy that people think he is such an amazing coach. He got outcoached by Chris Webber last night.   People don't realize what a great setup Arizona is.   People there love their basketball and the draw is second only to UCLA on the West Coast.  Still, at a top school he can't get it done.   Bennett on the other hand is crucified for not taking Washington to a Final Four, it's silly. 

I think if some of us were fairly confident Bennett would recruit at a high level, more would be on board.

19 minutes ago, Tom White said:

I disagree for one reason. I don't think a coach would want to disrupt his current team's season. If it is Donovan, it would happen after they are done playing.

I think that's true, except for this: Don't you think that if we get past the Final Four and we still haven't named a coach, that it will be so obvious that Donovan is who we are going after, it will be even more of a distraction?

2 minutes ago, Adillac said:

I think if some of us were fairly confident Bennett would recruit at a high level, more would be on board.

I think this is a strong possibility, except there will be a certain number who won't want to play that style of basketball.

Do potential coaches actually visit the campus / facilities of the future employer?   I'm leaning towards no.  Thus rendering the flight tracking useless.  Unless of course you're solely tracking Parker planes?

7 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Fred Glass having ice cream with Damon Bailey out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I'm sure your joking but you blew your cover. Bloomington no longer has a Baskin Robbins or any place called "31 Flavors" for Ice Cream. Closest Baskin Robbins is in Indy so unless you are alleging someone ran into Glass there your post is a non-starter credibility wise.

Just now, Aaron said:

I'm sure your joking but you blew your cover. Bloomington no longer has a Baskin Robbins or any place called "31 Flavors" for Ice Cream. Closest Baskin Robbins is in Indy so unless you are alleging someone ran into Glass there your post is a non-starter credibility wise.

Please tell me you actually understood the reference... haha

13 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I think that's true, except for this: Don't you think that if we get past the Final Four and we still haven't named a coach, that it will be so obvious that Donovan is who we are going after, it will be even more of a distraction?

I don't think it would be a distraction at all. If they wait on the announcement, it would happen right before the playoffs. If that were the case, OKC could go all out for Donovan and have no regrets. They're losing in the first round so might as well play as hard as you can for the coach

I think this is a strong possibility, except there will be a certain number who won't want to play that style of basketball.

I wander if Tony Bennett would open things up like Ryan did if he had the horses to do so. I think he coaches the way he thinks will give them the best chance to win with current talent in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Saw someone post a flight that started in OKC that went to Chicago, down to Bloomington, then off to Florida...haha...I mean what are the chances...heck, it's Donovan who went to sign on the dotted line quick in Btown, then went to Florida to tell family the news and grab some stuff he forgot in the garage at the house he is selling!! We are in business! Lol....it is indeed crazy though to look at those flights and see those exact destinations. Certainly makes it easy to plan out things you hope and want to hear and make sense of. I'm NOT making fun of the people who find these flights, I'm just legitimately amazed at seeing a flight that could match up with what Donovan COULD be doing. 

Just now, IUrocker said:

Saw someone post a flight that started in OKC that went to Chicago, down to Bloomington, then off to Florida...haha...I mean what are the chances...heck, it's Donovan who went to sign on the dotted line quick in Btown, then went to Florida to tell family the news and grab some stuff he forgot in the garage at the house he is selling!! We are in business! Lol....it is indeed crazy though to look at those flights and see those exact destinations. Certainly makes it easy to plan out things you hope and want to hear and make sense of. I'm NOT making fun of the people who find these flights, I'm just legitimately amazed at seeing a flight that could match up with what Donovan COULD be doing. 

Florida flight wouldn't be related. Vero Beach is 3 hours away from Gainesville.