Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

43 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Huh DC might be a major city but that city is crappy really outside the tourist spots

Not to mention the insane COL. A coach's salary is going to go a lottttt further in Bloomington than DC. I've visited a couple times and I loved the tourist spots, but it's not a place I would want to live. 

Not to mention the insane COL. A coach's salary is going to go a lottttt further in Bloomington than DC. I've visited a couple times and I loved the tourist spots, but it's not a place I would want to live. 

Ummm, guys... DC is a fantastic, world class place to live and raise a family, especially with lots of money. And bball head coaches make lots and lots and lots of money. Have you guys been to Bethesda, Arlington or Chevy Chase?

There's a reason that NBA cities like NYC and LA get free agents instead of Milwaukee and OKC, and cost of living is irrelevant.

IU is a better basketball job than Gtown, but it's not because of D.C.

Heard a rumor that the reason Btowninsider went dark on 247 was because his mom caught him staying up too late and his grades were slipping. Can't believe that nobody on 247 could figure out that he was 12. Nobody from New Albany is that connected to Btown@

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Donovan obviously the dream pick, but I feel like getting Bennett and convincing Fife to come here as assistant would be the best possible outcome. Bennett's playstyle with Fife will make the old people happy. While all the wins they'll be getting will make everyone else happy. If he can get elite guys final fours and maybe championships will come. Bo Ryan has a similar playstyle, only had elite players for 1 year and he won big ten regular season, tournament, and went to national championship game.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BtownBanners mobile app

Be awesome if that worked while all these other jokers are talking to freds 7 cousin twice removed to find out stuff

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting so long but yeah I'll tell you. Our new coach is Cheryl Miller"

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, schoosier said:

My logic tells me our next coach is still working. So they made it as far as Crean and lots of good ones left. Keep narrowing it down and Donovan becomes increasingly a good possibility. 

That's kind of been my thought.  If we get to the NBA playoffs without an announcement I'd say it's Donovan or bust.

Of course, if they wanted to announce Donovan as coach tomorrow I wouldn't complain.  Which with my luck that just means they'll announce Alford a day after UCLA is eliminated.

7 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

So... I was looking. Found a Jetlinx flight out of Monroe to Houston yesterday. The same flight returned to Monroe yesterday afternoon. JTL961 was the plane. This is the type of plane important people travel in. Next OKC game is in Houston not til 26th though. Would Billy D meet up there on an off day? Is my tin foil hat on too tight?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So that's where Crean's belt went!!!!