Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

25 minutes ago, RTJ85 said:

This may be unpopular, but I don't care. If we don't get Donovan...I want Fife. He's been steadily creeping up my board. I realize the risk, but I think the upside would be worth it.

You are absolutely right!

That is unpopular:107:. I haven't seen anything to convince me, BUT Fife may turn into a terrific head coach. Let someone else find that out, IU can't afford the risk of OJT. Nor do they need to, IMO. IU is a top 10 job, hire like it.

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Some mention that Fife had a losing record at IPFW, which is true but he had a better record each year culminating in 18 wins.  I didn't think he did too bad being considering where he was at.

We won't agree on Marshall, so that's all there is.  Home run, no.  First choice, no.  I firmly believe he's an upgrade though.

Exactly, he set the foundation of that program to where it is now IMO.

As for Marshall, he's a coaching upgrade yes. But in terms of potential of winning a national championship and recruiting top talent, I don't think he's the guy. 

Im sure it has been seen but I have been at work all week so that means I havent been able to stalk this board like I would like. Mike Woodson reached out to IU saying he was a package deal with Larry Brown. IU isnt interested though but how the heck did those 2 end up campaigning for jobs together?

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Early in the season larry brown and john robic and a couple other coaches visited maybe brown approached woodson and pitched it to him

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Treesh said:

It's Sean Miller the IV because Sean Miller the III took over for Brad Stevens III at Boston.

He seems kind of young. I don't think he has enough experience.

Sorry... I mean 3.23.17.. no inside info just imo. I've heard Rumblings of Arizona not paying Sean Miller what he wants or having the resources that he wants so he might not be happy. I don't think Donovan is going to come, if it was Bennett Marshall or Archie Miller I think it would have been announced by now, and no chance Glass hires Alford. I think Miller would jump at the opportunity to coach back in the Midwest and to have the resources of Indiana University at his disposal. plus he would be paid more then at Arizona but like I said it's just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

Sorry... I mean 3.23.17.. no inside info just imo. I've heard Rumblings of Arizona not paying Sean Miller what he wants or having the resources that he wants so he might not be happy. I don't think Donovan is going to come, if it was Bennett Marshall or Archie Miller I think it would have been announced by now, and no chance Glass hires Alford. I think Miller would jump at the opportunity to coach back in the Midwest and to have the resources of Indiana University at his disposal. plus he would be paid more then at Arizona but like I said it's just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

Nothing wrong with having an opinion!