Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Here's some conspiracy for ya. Been some action for one charter plane out of the airport. It's flown from Indy, to Btown, to Houston, and back and soon goes to Oakland County which is a short drive from East Lansing. Maybe the new coach is beginning to look into assistant coaches and Dane Fife's name has come up. No need to be a head coach at D when you can be assistant with the big BD.

4 minutes ago, RTJ85 said:

This may be unpopular, but I don't care. If we don't get Donovan...I want Fife. He's been steadily creeping up my board. I realize the risk, but I think the upside would be worth it.

I'll have what you're having...

Seriously, he needs success at a mid-major first AT LEAST

Going from IPFW to an assistant to top 5 job in 'Merica?       ah  nope

9 minutes ago, RTJ85 said:

This may be unpopular, but I don't care. If we don't get Donovan...I want Fife. He's been steadily creeping up my board. I realize the risk, but I think the upside would be worth it.

Maybe some day we look back and say, "Wow, we could have had Dane Fife back in 2017" but there's no way you can take a chance like that at a critical time like this.

9 minutes ago, RTJ85 said:

With all due respect, I prefer not to have another Izzo assistant. His last recommendation couldn't get us to the Final Four.

Who thinks Izzo is a good coach? What about Brad Stevens? Roy Williams? They all went from assistant to HC. I want BD first and foremost, but if you can't get him I think you look hard at Fife. 

Just now, 323SGrant said:

With all due respect, I prefer not to have another Izzo assistant. His last recommendation couldn't get us to the Final Four.

Hard to judge on that, Crean never played competitive basketball in his life. 

At least Fife is an experienced player who learned from Bobby and Izzo.

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

No doubt. I couldn't help taking a shot at Izzo!

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

I was about to say this.

Besides, how many Izzo assistants could manage to not learn a thing from him aside from the one we can all name?  Let Fife show if he learned anything somewhere else, loved him as a player though.

3 minutes ago, RTJ85 said:

Who thinks Izzo is a good coach? What about Brad Stevens? Roy Williams? They all went from assistant to HC. I want BD first and foremost, but if you can't get him I think you look hard at Fife. 

Roy is an exception I guess, but the other two were to programs that were nowhere in terms of basketball.  Those programs could afford to take a chance.

Edited by Dizz
went to were

Im sure it has been seen but I have been at work all week so that means I havent been able to stalk this board like I would like. Mike Woodson reached out to IU saying he was a package deal with Larry Brown. IU isnt interested though but how the heck did those 2 end up campaigning for jobs together?

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, JSHoosier said:

I was about to say this.

Besides, how many Izzo assistants could manage to not learn a thing from him aside from the one we can all name?  Let Fife show if he learned anything somewhere else, loved him as a player though.

I agree, his stint at IPFW was interesting. He was just turning the program around when he left. I sort of have the same thinking with hiring Marshall. Let him prove he can win in a real conference before considering him here. Winning in the post season is a plus, but everyone knows March Madness is a whole new season for EVERY team in it.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Someone brought up Charles Manson? I heard he's in the running to replace Pitino at UofL.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Nope, just saw an update that Manson officially declined- doesn't want to ruin his reputation by associating with Louisville.

Just now, Treesh said:

I agree, his stint at IPFW was interesting. He was just turning the program around when he left. I sort of have the same thinking with hiring Marshall. Let him prove he can win in a real conference before considering him here. Winning in the post season is a plus, but everyone knows March Madness is a whole new season for EVERY team in it.

Some mention that Fife had a losing record at IPFW, which is true but he had a better record each year culminating in 18 wins.  I didn't think he did too bad being considering where he was at.

We won't agree on Marshall, so that's all there is.  Home run, no.  First choice, no.  I firmly believe he's an upgrade though.

Some mention that Fife had a losing record at IPFW, which is true but he had a better record each year culminating in 18 wins.  I didn't think he did too bad being considering where he was at.
We won't agree on Marshall, so that's all there is.  Home run, no.  First choice, no.  I firmly believe he's an upgrade though.

I hope he is not considered here. But, in his defense he was the first division 1 coach at Ft. Wane, as well.