Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

49 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

YES! 

And THAT is why Tom Crean and Steve Alford have consistently won big and gotten to the Final Fo...huh, what?

Surely there is somewhere between low scoring and high scoring? Where did I say Crean's offense is what I hope for? Why must we go to the opposite? 

Just curious, other than 1 Elite Eight run, what has Bennett done or won that Crean didn't also do at IU? What is his draw for all of you? A handful of conference titles (we already know no one at IU cares about those) and mostly disappointing tournament runs?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Constantly wins, always competitive, always in tourney. His teams play hard... the exact opposite of FCTC

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

From Rabjohns :

Where the Indiana coaching search stands

2:09 PM 

So, where does Indiana’s coaching search stand right now in the actual process?

What is happening right now is the search firm that Indiana hired, Parker Executive Search, is in the process of reaching out to coaches to gauge the interest level of those coaches.

Where this starts is with any coach at any level with whom IU would like to discuss it’s opening.

At this point, Peegs.com has confirmed IU has gotten positive feed back from several coaches, all of whom are currently on our updated coaching Hot Board.

Now, more coaches could be contacted by the search firm today, tomorrow, next week.

I don’t want to put specific names in this report just yet to avoid giving the impression that timing of communication is indicative of level of interest, either from IU in a coach or a coach in IU.

Sometimes timing of communication can be related to travel, still being the NCAA Tournament, a coach needing to sit down with his representation before responding, etc. These are people who have and can offer multi-million dollar contracts.

The point of this note is more about where the process stands right now and how it is most likely to unfold in the next few days, and beyond.

Here is what we have been told by multiple sources on that front:

After Parker gets feedback — positive or negative — from the coaches IU wants to reach, that will be gathered and presented to decision makers at IU.

At that point, IU will go through the feedback, see what they feel is learned from the feedback and proceed with interviews.

As far as timing, getting to the point of starting interviews probably isn’t a 24-hour situation. It may not even be a 48-hour situation. It could be a couple days before interviews start in earnest.

With coaching searches, things can change at any point in time. That’s just the nature of these situations. But at this point in time, IU wants to proceed in a thoughtful and unrushed manner. The goal is to fully vet all options and make the right decision, not make a fast decision.

The focus is on the next 10 years or more of IU basketball, not the next 10 hours of a coaching search.

Obviously, if something wild happens, IU has the ability to shift course at any point in time and make a beeline for someone.

At this point in time, we’re told IU wants a more thoughtful, thorough process that includes letting Parker do background on a number of candidates.

No contract offers have been made. There are no secret deals with any coaching candidate.

As Brian Snow reported in his note earlier today, Indiana athletic director Fred Glass is following through on his promise to reach out to basketball people in this state and get their feedback, and he is doing it personally.

So, again, Indiana is in the information gathering stage, as things stand right now, and will proceed from there.

We saw the story slamming Gregg Marshall's wife...but it appears Archie Miller's wife has had an embarrassing moment too. What's good for one candidate is good for the other.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thesportsbank.net/northwestern-wildcats/morgan-miller-dayton-coach-wife-rips-northwestern-basketball-after-loss/amp/

Hire Billy! That would be outstanding

Garbage. Fake news nothing to see here

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

From Rabjohns :

Where the Indiana coaching search stands

2:09 PM 

So, where does Indiana’s coaching search stand right now in the actual process?

What is happening right now is the search firm that Indiana hired, Parker Executive Search, is in the process of reaching out to coaches to gauge the interest level of those coaches.

Where this starts is with any coach at any level with whom IU would like to discuss it’s opening.

At this point, Peegs.com has confirmed IU has gotten positive feed back from several coaches, all of whom are currently on our updated coaching Hot Board.

Now, more coaches could be contacted by the search firm today, tomorrow, next week.

I don’t want to put specific names in this report just yet to avoid giving the impression that timing of communication is indicative of level of interest, either from IU in a coach or a coach in IU.

Sometimes timing of communication can be related to travel, still being the NCAA Tournament, a coach needing to sit down with his representation before responding, etc. These are people who have and can offer multi-million dollar contracts.

The point of this note is more about where the process stands right now and how it is most likely to unfold in the next few days, and beyond.

Here is what we have been told by multiple sources on that front:

After Parker gets feedback — positive or negative — from the coaches IU wants to reach, that will be gathered and presented to decision makers at IU.

At that point, IU will go through the feedback, see what they feel is learned from the feedback and proceed with interviews.

As far as timing, getting to the point of starting interviews probably isn’t a 24-hour situation. It may not even be a 48-hour situation. It could be a couple days before interviews start in earnest.

With coaching searches, things can change at any point in time. That’s just the nature of these situations. But at this point in time, IU wants to proceed in a thoughtful and unrushed manner. The goal is to fully vet all options and make the right decision, not make a fast decision.

The focus is on the next 10 years or more of IU basketball, not the next 10 hours of a coaching search.

Obviously, if something wild happens, IU has the ability to shift course at any point in time and make a beeline for someone.

At this point in time, we’re told IU wants a more thoughtful, thorough process that includes letting Parker do background on a number of candidates.

No contract offers have been made. There are no secret deals with any coaching candidate.

As Brian Snow reported in his note earlier today, Indiana athletic director Fred Glass is following through on his promise to reach out to basketball people in this state and get their feedback, and he is doing it personally.

So, again, Indiana is in the information gathering stage, as things stand right now, and will proceed from there.

Don't believe this for a second

8 minutes ago, Benziu said:

Ill go on record as saying if Donovan doesn't happen Tony Bennett is my 2nd choice.  Full Disclosure, I've been looking at Kenpom stats for the last 30 minutes so my opinion might be a little clouded by all those years in a row of being in the top 5 defenses.

I, too, would happily welcome Bennett.  I don't think anyone disputes the high level of defense his teams play, but the offense is far better than what some like to claim.  His teams don't play a fast paced offense by any means, I think maybe 'deliberate' might be a good characterization.  I've felt that teams that play fast are easier to slow down, that the opposite.  IMO, this was evidenced by what happened over the last 9 years when we played teams like WISC.

I know some may not prefer this type of offense, although his teams are still pretty high in off efficiency.  I don't have a problem with it, but I thought the 4 corners or IU's stall back in the 70's was a thing of beauty.

We saw the story slamming Gregg Marshall's wife...but it appears Archie Miller's wife has had an embarrassing moment too. What's good for one candidate is good for the other.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thesportsbank.net/northwestern-wildcats/morgan-miller-dayton-coach-wife-rips-northwestern-basketball-after-loss/amp/

Hire Billy! That would be outstanding

Yes i seen this a while ago and thought that kind of behavior would be a problem at a school like indiana alot more attention is paid to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Don't believe this for a second

I'm sure the process and functions listed are accurate, but I have to believe much of that has been in process for days.  Where the search stands at this moment is probably a mystery to everyone (including us and the media) and that's just fine with me.

Just now, pumpfake said:

I'm sure the process and functions listed are accurate, but I have to believe much of that has been in process for days.  Where the search stands at this moment is probably a mystery to everyone (including us and the media) and that's just fine with me.

Agreed if it took a week to ID candidates and reach out then Glass should be fired for that alone

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Agreed if it took a week to ID candidates and reach out then Glass should be fired for that alone

If he truly spent some time reaching out to former players and area coaches, then it's entirely possible we're just now into the scheduling interviews phase.

Edited by LostInLouisville

Okay time to see where everyone's head is at with this.

If the coach was announced tomorrow, who would you realistically think was getting brought in?

I know a lot will be Billy Donovan and right now I am going with Tony Bennett. The longer it takes and some candidates lose in the tourney this weekend may change my opinion.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app