Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

51 minutes ago, mdn82 said:
I would like to be the first to say a message board will have no impact on our next coach lol. These "sources" and their self importance is getting funny. Mainly due to the crazy **** being posted. All of the sudden everyone has sources except every person I have ever believed on here and elsewhere before. I do think Mile is getting caught up in all of the info he is getting and not using common sense to eliminate the the noise. I will add if it smells like ****, it is probably ****.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This. (Except for the very inconsequential impact of annoying the shizbit out of tweet and email recipients).

I would like to be the first to say a message board will have no impact on our next coach lol. These "sources" and their self importance is getting funny. Mainly due to the crazy **** being posted. All of the sudden everyone has sources except every person I have ever believed on here and elsewhere before. I do think Mile is getting caught up in all of the info he is getting and not using common sense to eliminate the noise. I will add if it smells like ****, it is probably ****.

Taking this job isn't a decision you abandon because nobody's online are talking lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I would like to be the first to say a message board will have no impact on our next coach lol. These "sources" and their self importance is getting funny. Mainly due to the crazy **** being posted. All of the sudden everyone has sources except every person I have ever believed on here and elsewhere before. I do think Mile is getting caught up in all of the info he is getting and not using common sense to eliminate the noise. I will add if it smells like ****, it is probably ****.

No time for level headed rational thinking common man

I just keep going back to the fact that if you're Fred Glass you don't fire Tom Crean without someone in the bag already.  You can't just go firing a guy that has won the B1G 2 years in the very recent past and made it to 3 SS's if you don't have what you think is a slam dunk hire.  If I remember correctly, when Crean was hired we used a search committee and they were very public about the fact they were interviewing a lot of coaches. Now it's just to help "cross the 't's and dot the 'i's? 

With that said, I have faith that we will (as a majority) be happy with our next coach. They don't want controversy, players leaving, multiple "rebuilding" years, etc. Quite possibly the reason Crean was retained 2 years ago was simply the fact that the one they wanted wasn't available yet and now he is.  And as I see it that can only be one person... Billy Hoyle.

IUwins0708
"The gag order part from Mile came from me. We all need to chill with tweeting the basketball minds such as Dakich and others and let this play out. The leaks I'm told aren't helping out our cause. Dream is dead post was to calm some of the noise, or at least try to. Wasnt trying to misguide anyone, was just trying to settle everyone down and maybe slow the burning fire. Dream is far from dead, I just don't want the noise to ruin a great opportunity for IU basketball. Yes I do understand I was part of causing the noise and that's why I was trying to calm it down myself. Some of you posters are pretty sharp and figured it out in less than an hour, nice work! Go Hoosiers!"

What a joke. Please stop believing the **** these people are spewing. Good lord.

(Like I said.....about the experimental rib removal surgery.....just keep it in mind)

4 minutes ago, bryanthoosier40 said:

god i wish it was that easy!! lol

I do too haha. Believe me, I'm gonna be overjoyed when it's announced that Donovan is gonna be the coach. But we just have to be patient and stop getting caught up in all these smokescreens

SMH.  Who does this?  Just keep your mouth shut and keep a damn secret.  Why say "it's dead" then come back later and say "I lied to just calm everyone down."  Lol. Oh boy

Makes very little sense. Wouldn't the fact you just said "nah, I'm just trying to calm you down" get more people riled up? I've thought for quite awhile and still do that we end up with the D.

3 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

SMH.  Who does this?  Just keep your mouth shut and keep a damn secret.  Why say "it's dead" then come back later and say "I lied to just calm everyone down."  Lol. Oh boy

While I appreciate what the insiders over at 247 have done, at some point it is very possible to get infatuated with online attention. I think some of them have gotten to that point, especially with how that board has exploded with exposure lately. 

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

I do too haha. Believe me, I'm gonna be overjoyed when it's announced that Donovan is gonna be the coach. But we just have to be patient and stop getting caught up in all these smokescreens

i think i will take the rest of the day off if it happens, and celebrate.  It would be the biggest day in Hoosier history for me

I'll walk right out of work if this happens and start celebrating. I don't drink but maybe when billy is hired I'll have a beer or 2.

11 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

Who does this? Attention whores do this. 

Probably not Glass particularly but I guarantee you someone gets on this boards to see whats going. Probably not everyday but a lot of media that are involved with IU started off as forum guys. Peegs, Rabjohns, Kent Sterling, McCarthy and I am sure there is a few more I am missing. As easy as it is to download an app and take 10 minutes to skim I guarantee you the news gets related one way or another. Specially with the guys stated above are posting. Glass mentioned reading stuff from fans as well and emails so. Like I said maybe not personally but I would not say there is no chance they do.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I am worried all this speculation by national media and on message boards could kill the deal with Alford so could you all quit talking about him? Please and thanks

Message boards and most national media has no significant impact on any type of deals.

If a coach we offer wants to be here, and be paid the offered amount, it will happen.  He doesn't care what some fans say online.