Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

12 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

The Donovan talk could just be a load of crap.

Could be..but even if it were, IU would still be offering 6-7+ and you know they have targeted him. 

3 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

Indiana Mr. Basketball
5 Star recruit
McDonalds All American

Sheesh your standards are stringent bruh!

I know all of that. That was in H.S. Bruh. He's good, but I don't think most coaches lose sleep over him coming to town. Additionally, you need more than that to go deep in the tournament consistently. I agree though, it's been such a long drought for IU going deep in the tourney, I'd like to see this thing turned around sooner rather than later. Like I said in my initial post, I would definitely take Guy. I just believe you need many more high talent players to maximize your chances of going deep in the tournament and Bennet doesn't strike me as one that would recruit well enough to do that because of his style of play.

DeCourcy's article hits it on the head for why we DON'T NEED Alford.  The last couple paragraphs

Since 1980, 37 NCAA championships have been decided; only five were won by coaches working at their alma maters. Which means 86.5 percent of championship coaches arrived with little or no connection to the college hiring them.

It would be an entirely different college basketball world if John Calipari were the coach at Clarion, Mike Krzyzewski were coaching Army and Beilein worked his offensive magic at Wheeling College. This is rather an absurd scenario, of course, but that is the logical extension of hiring a head basketball coach primarily because of where he attended college.

But Wheeling would have a hell of a team.

AMEN

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

f2a6d797a6bfc8b5ac0cffb5e72f2fd7.jpg

WTH does this mean??

Here's a conspiracy theory just for those that like to have with crazy theories. Perhaps IU us telling us they have found their new coach and this is their version of the catholic smoke signals (white or black) when searching for a pope. In this case white or red smoke with the red being the larger dot signaling they found him

Here's a conspiracy theory just for those that like to have with crazy theories. Perhaps IU us telling us they have found their new coach and this is their version of the catholic smoke signals (white or black) when searching for a pope. In this case white or red smoke with the red being the larger dot signaling they found him

Ok nevermind forget everything I just said

Just now, rebelhoosier848891 said:

So--is The Alford offer confirmed? If so I am in shock ....not the homerun hire I hoped for or expected

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No, it was debunked by pretty much everyone

So--is The Alford offer confirmed? If so I am in shock ....not the homerun hire I hoped for or expected

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think it is just another conspiracy as far as i know. If it was than this board would be outraged i would assume and fire fred glass thread would be a hot commodity i would imagine

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app