Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I like Guy and would certainly take him on my team, to me he's talented, but not highly talented. Has Bennet been to the Final Four? I would prefer Donovan.

Indiana Mr. Basketball
5 Star recruit
McDonalds All American

Sheesh your standards are stringent bruh!

6 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Really? Maybe I'm old fashioned. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. Heck, I still don't like the DH in the American league... so maybe I'm a dinosaur.

Lol now the DH I can agree with you on! I've never known baseball without it, but I still think it's a dumb rule. 

7 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Bob Knight coached at a mid major

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

I'm aware he did.  So does Archie Miller and people are all over him despite being far less accomplished.

I understand that we don't live in a perfect world and I am not naive enough to think that it doesn't happen ... also, there is a raging debate about whether or not NCAA athletes should be paid... but as of today, it's still against the rules. It may turn out to be a situation like Sampson and the calling/texting thing... but the fact remains that it's against the rules, and as such, doing so gives one coach an unfair advantage over the one who follows the rules. Cheating is cheating. No place for that at Indiana.

The NCAA tried allowing a stipend to players decades ago. Laundry money is what it was called. That didn't work out well, to say the least.

BREAKING NEWS:

The real next coach of IU basketball will be this old guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Davis_(basketball,_born_1938

I have come to find out from a good source that Glass only hires people with the first name "Tom" (think Tom Allen and Tom Crean). Since this is the only Tom available that has coached college basketball that we didn't just fire we will be hiring this retired guy.

LOL. Just kidding.   

1 hour ago, ViaSwiss said:

fwiw, ViaSwiss may be correct. Or a poster at 247 is copying him. A new poster there just posted this...

"True, very connected sources tell me IU lowballed BD. Been lurking on this site and didn't want to get shouted down with all of Donovan love so now was a good time to sign in. I've been told by very connected people that the coaching search is a mess. That's why the outside firm was hired. Alford is the only name coach interested and we may not have enough money to pay him. Fred Glass about to put the final nail in Indiana bballs coffin. "

I'm calling BS on that post, it just doesn't make sense.  Lowball Donovan, plausible, as much as we say to give him what we wants we know IU would take the approach to get him as cheap as they can and I'd hope they're smart enough to know they will have to start at a raise from his current salary.

Not enough money to pay Alford?  Right there I'm throwing the BS flag.  Alford makes less than Crean did.  If we can't afford Alford then we couldn't afford Crean.

17 minutes ago, Aaron said:

BREAKING NEWS:

The real next coach of IU basketball will be this old guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Davis_(basketball,_born_1938

I have come to find out from a good source that Glass only hires people with the first name "Tom" (think Tom Allen and Tom Crean). Since this is the only Tom available that has coached college basketball that we didn't just fire we will be hiring this retired guy.

LOL. Just kidding.   

Glass did not hire Crean. Rick Greenspan did.

7 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'm calling BS on that post, it just doesn't make sense.  Lowball Donovan, plausible, as much as we say to give him what we wants we know IU would take the approach to get him as cheap as they can and I'd hope they're smart enough to know they will have to start at a raise from his current salary.

Not enough money to pay Alford?  Right there I'm throwing the BS flag.  Alford makes less than Crean did.  If we can't afford Alford then we couldn't afford Crean.

There is more to "affording" a coach that just $$$. Can we afford Alford's questionalble past at Indiana? I vote no. Always and often.

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Glass did not hire Crean. Rick Greenspan did.

True but still a funny joke either way and no more ridiculous than all these 'rumors'. Just trying to lighten up the mood a bit.