Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I like Guy and would certainly take him on my team, to me he's talented, but not highly talented. Has Bennet been to the Final Four? I would prefer Donovan or S. Miller, hypothetically speaking.

Didnt say I wanted him over Donovan did I? I was saying now that UVA is getting more popular the kids are coming. He has made a couple of kids some money too the last few years. Sean isn't coming here if he wanted to leave or even thought about it he wouldnt have signed an extension literally 3 or 4 months ago. He has a future #1 pick in Deandre Ayton coming in w a top 5 class. Has a 5 star locked up in 2018 class already too.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I am on record multiple times of being against even talking to Alford.
And does the part about paying kids NOT bother you?

It doesn't bother me because there is no such thing as a clean program in college basketball.

5 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I am on record multiple times of being against even talking to Alford.

And does the part about paying kids NOT bother you?

Not busting on you, AZ. Since the topic of benefits to the players of our coaching candidates has been raised:

"The Ball boys already are riding in style — at least the two that have driver’s licenses. Lonzo and LiAngelo each drive $100,000 BMWs, said Ball, who is a self-employed personal trainer and whose wife, Tina, is a middle school physical education teacher."

30 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

I am just trying to figure out how people think Alford would be a different coach at IU than elsewhere. Doesn't make sense to me. 

Because he used to play for Knight. And deep down they wish Knight would come back to coach here, and this is the closest they'll get. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Not busting on you, AZ. Since the topic of benefits to the players of our coaching candidates has been raised:

"The Ball boys already are riding in style — at least the two that have driver’s licenses. Lonzo and LiAngelo each drive $100,000 BMWs, said Ball, who is a self-employed personal trainer and whose wife, Tina, is a middle school physical education teacher."

Disgusting. Saw their father on ESPN this morning. Not a fan. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Wouldn't surprise me if a bank gave the Ball dad a huge high interest loan tbh.

Dad owns BBB. Easy to laundry dirty money there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, nerdvana said:

I used to be a hard core peegster back when they were on rivals and Kent Sterling used to always post there.  Can't remember his username...it was "penny"-something-or-other.  Anyway, he was always pimping his idiotic blog and was generally ignored by the other posters.  Until the past couple of months, I hadn't frequented IU board so I'm not sure what happened, but somehow Kent Sterling has a radio show.  How the heck does that happen?  Never was a fan of the guy.  People get on Dakich for trolling, but Sterling is 10 times worse IMO.     

He had some good takes on the firing of Crean (making the case for it), but gee, I listened to a little of his show yesterday and all I can say is you are correct.  I feel like a boob for defending the guy a couple of days ago.

9 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

It doesn't bother me because there is no such thing as a clean program in college basketball.

I understand that we don't live in a perfect world and I am not naive enough to think that it doesn't happen ... also, there is a raging debate about whether or not NCAA athletes should be paid... but as of today, it's still against the rules. It may turn out to be a situation like Sampson and the calling/texting thing... but the fact remains that it's against the rules, and as such, doing so gives one coach an unfair advantage over the one who follows the rules. Cheating is cheating. No place for that at Indiana.

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I understand that we don't live in a perfect world and I am not naive enough to think that it doesn't happen ... also, there is a raging debate about whether or not NCAA athletes should be paid... but as of today, it's still against the rules. It may turn out to be a situation like Sampson and the calling/texting thing... but the fact remains that it's against the rules, and as such, doing so gives one coach an unfair advantage over the one who follows the rules. Cheating is cheating. No place for that at Indiana.

If all the best schools are doing it I would rather roll in the mud with them than get left in the dust. Sure winning the "right way" is my preference, but if we have to operate in the gray areas to be elite then so be it.  

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Doesn't it make you wonder how stuff like this happens? Is Eddie Sutton secretly shipping cash via UPS again? Sam Gilbert back from the grave?