Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

McBob is pretty damn tough. Not quite as good as AJ, but pretty damn tough.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hopefully this season gave him some more confidence, which will continue into the off season. Combine his natural ability to defend with a no-fear level of confidence and you've got a guy who sets the tone night in and night out.

On 3/25/2017 at 12:23 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

NOOOOOOOOO.

Another gamble.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 3/25/2017 at 12:40 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Look at his coaching record at Dayton. That about says it all. Crean showed more potential at the time of his hiring than Miller.

On 3/25/2017 at 2:35 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My stance is disappointment because of expectations. Archie COULD be very good for us. If he can recruit anything like his brother I'll be ecstatic about our chances.

Like rebel said, I was just hoping our resources and status could get us our top target (I bet glass was too).

Glass said Archie was on his short list from the beginning, meaning he was not our top choice, clearly.

I'm excited to see IU under different direction than Crean but I just hoped we would making a statement hire with much less uncertainty.

His first recruiting cycle and season will be telling.

On 3/25/2017 at 4:00 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

1. Stevens
2. Donovan
3. Sean Miller
4. Few
5. Bennett
5. Alford
6. Marshall
7. Probably Archie 7. But I don't think he is necessarily, without a doubt, currently better than Collins, White, Huggins, Martin, and a host of others.

His age and family ties give hope. His results are pretty good. He's on the list. Of the "realistic"-whatever that means- list he is 2-4 for me. I like his youth a lot.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Bump.  These are my first few posts after the hire.   I'm done with Archie. I didn't love the hire to begin with.  But then he won the press conference and signed Romeo.  I thought he assembled a great coaching staff.  He was winning me over with his no nonsense approach.  AND then we played the games.  Its been an abomination on the court relative to the expectations Indiana fans should be allowed to have.  

Honestly I am upset because i wish he was a better coach.  I like his age. His demeanor for the most part.  His love of the game.  I like all the extracurriculars but he just isn't elite in any facet of the game.  Coaching, recruiting, anything.   

PS-I thought some might enjoy revisiting this enthusiasm and glum.  Also, I'll admit knowing what i know now i'm embarrassed Marshall is on my list but hey, can't fault a guy. He is a good coach and better the Archie.  Alford?  Whatever.  I know people hate him and i don't want him either but he could have the same success Archie is having.  Moving on.  Disappointed in myself for not having Holtman on my list, but i'll admit i thought Archie was better than Holtman and mostly from a recruiting ceiling standpoint going off of Sean's recruiting success.  

On 3/17/2017 at 12:27 AM, Treesh said:

First calls: Brad Stevens and Billy Donovan

Offer them 9/10 million a year plus stupid bonuses.

Second Calls: Holtmann, White, Miller, Bennett, Collins

Third Calls : Tom Crean or Dane Fife.

Let it be on the record in 2021, that I had Holtman before Archie. 

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Bump.  These are my first few posts after the hire.   I'm done with Archie. I didn't love the hire to begin with.  But then he won the press conference and signed Romeo.  I thought he assembled a great coaching staff.  He was winning me over with his no nonsense approach.  AND then we played the games.  Its been an abomination on the court relative to the expectations Indiana fans should be allowed to have.  

Honestly I am upset because i wish he was a better coach.  I like his age. His demeanor for the most part.  His love of the game.  I like all the extracurriculars but he just isn't elite in any facet of the game.  Coaching, recruiting, anything.   

PS-I thought some might enjoy revisiting this enthusiasm and glum.  Also, I'll admit knowing what i know now i'm embarrassed Marshall is on my list but hey, can't fault a guy. He is a good coach and better the Archie.  Alford?  Whatever.  I know people hate him and i don't want him either but he could have the same success Archie is having.  Moving on.  Disappointed in myself for not having Holtman on my list, but i'll admit i thought Archie was better than Holtman and mostly from a recruiting ceiling standpoint going off of Sean's recruiting success.  

Your congratulatory cookie will be in the mail. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

looks like you had them on the same tier?  did you have Holtmann, White, and Miller over Bennett?  I'd hope not. 

I did have them over Bennett. I wasn’t sold on Bennett as his teams would always fail to live up to expectations in March. It wasn’t until 2019 that they won national championship. 

Didn’t they lose to a 16 seed as well?

Bennett isn’t coming here so it doesn’t matter I suppose. 

Just now, Treesh said:

I did have them over Bennett. I wasn’t sold on Bennett as his teams would always fail to live up to expectations in March. It wasn’t until 2019 that they won national championship. 

Didn’t they lose to a 16 seed as well?

Bennett isn’t coming here so it doesn’t matter I suppose. 

Fair.  Yeah, I underestimated Holtman.  I think it's something about Indiana.  I think Archie has potential to be better than he has been.  Not sure who are what to blame for him spinning his wheels.  

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Fair.  Yeah, I underestimated Holtman.  I think it's something about Indiana.  I think Archie has potential to be better than he has been.  Not sure who are what to blame for him spinning his wheels.  

I think we all know Archie will find his way to Sweet 16 with his new team before we do with whoever we hire. It’s totally going to happen. LOL

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I think we all know Archie will find his way to Sweet 16 with his new team before we do with whoever we hire. It’s totally going to happen. LOL

Wouldn’t be shocked.  He’ll need to recruit WAY better if he plans on winning in a Power 5 in a big way. So who knows. 

Wouldn’t be shocked.  He’ll need to recruit WAY better if he plans on winning in a Power 5 in a big way. So who knows. 

I think he could win at a lower power 5 that he can recruit and develop hard nosed kids. I don’t see many kids on this team that play the same way the kids on his Dayton teams played.

Good lord, I don't want to quote anyone, but some of the posts in this thread aged horribly. 

It's also kind of sad to see some posters I'd forgotten about who haven't been around lately. I wonder if the last few years just finally killed their interest. 

25 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Good lord, I don't want to quote anyone, but some of the posts in this thread aged horribly. 

It's also kind of sad to see some posters I'd forgotten about who haven't been around lately. I wonder if the last few years just finally killed their interest. 

On page 30 someone said Miller would be a disaster.  That aged horribly because they turned out to be right.

21 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

On page 30 someone said Miller would be a disaster.  That aged horribly because they turned out to be right.

You had a post somewhere that was quite prophetic. There were other posts saying we'd found our coach for the next 30 years...woof. 

45 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

You had a post somewhere that was quite prophetic. There were other posts saying we'd found our coach for the next 30 years...woof. 

When I said we could need a new coach in 5?  Turns out I was generous, we need a new one now.

We place too much importance on "could be here 30 years", and not enough on what they've shown.  Or the administration is actually determined to kill the giant this program once was, if they haven't already.