Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

2 minutes ago, mark1981 said:

Geezzz, anyone listening to Dakich?  Its like listening to a Kentucky fan talk about IU.

Someone sent him a tweet that was basically "@dandakich If i recall IU had a guy form the Knight coaching tree, and he lasted 7 games and lost in the first round of the NCAA's" HAHAHAHA!!!!

1 minute ago, Chris Nieman said:

Someone sent him a tweet that was basically "@dandakich If i recall IU had a guy form the Knight coaching tree, and he lasted 7 games and lost in the first round of the NCAA's" HAHAHAHA!!!!

That's awesome. Wish I thought of it.

If anyone is still skeptical about Archie just remember this.

Billy Donovan was at Marshall for 2 years and didnt make tourney either year. We know how that ended. Mike White coached 4 years at LTU. Won regular season title 3 years but didnt make tourney. Made Elite Eight and looks like their gonna be good for awhile. Jeremy Fowley was interviewed the other day and he said results do matter. Both the guys he hired had success but sometimes you look at a guy and see the talent and the potential. It doesnt always work out but some guys just get it.

I feel like that is what Glass did with Archie but obviously Archie has had way more success than either Donovan or White did before UF. We can use Knight and Coach K too, but those stories are old. This was the best quote i saw out of all of it from Fowley. "A big name is nice but how many big names start to flame out after 5-10 years. There are maybe 5% of guys that truly become generational coaches. That is why I will always feel more comfortable by seeing how players respond to the coach, seeing his improvements and success and how he handles criticism. A name can always be made. At first you have to work harder than others but it isn't that hard if you get the right guy."

I feel like this explains Archie coming here to a T. We will find out in a few years but this guy has all the intangibles. Seeing Wright's reaction when he heard he left shows the impact he has on kids. Seeing all the Dayton fans responses are about the same.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Chris Nieman said:

THEY LOOK PRETTY DAMN JAZZED

Alright, while I am confident he's the guy, that picture either makes him look crazy young, or I am officially crazy old.

Anyone feel bad for Archie's kid in the picture?

I think she's about 12-13 (just a guess based on the photograph) and to have to transfer schools mid-year with your dad being the most famous person in town cannot be easy especially at that age when life is already complicated. Hopefully she's a strong girl who is comfortable with who she is. As Crean's kids learned, the way they are treated in school by some people is directly affected by how much their dad wins.

Ironically I have not been married or had kids yet and that thought still crossed my mind.