Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I think we have a diamond in the rough with green he has shown good ball handling at times. He could be a outstanding PG with some work

PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!
He's our point guard of the future! Could see him and the Edwards kid at Purdue going at it the next few years.

Sent from my SM-G900V using BtownBanners mobile app

The more I read about Archie, the more I love this hire. I'm ecstatic about it. Finally a guy with X's and O's who comes from a coaching family. 

I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised by his recruiting. He will do great recruiting the state and the Midwest area. I really think he will turn us into an annual contender who's at least top 15-25 in down years. 

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

The more I read about Archie, the more I love this hire. I'm ecstatic about it. Finally a guy with X's and O's who comes from a coaching family. 

I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised by his recruiting. He will do great recruiting the state and the Midwest area. I really think he will turn us into an annual contender who's at least top 15-25 in down years. 

A guy like him is going to be able to make a steady stream of 4 stars work. With the occasional 5 star sprinkled in. And some undervalued 3 stars. 

We need some really good assistant coaching to speed up this transition.

I really want John Groce. I think he's a solid coach, just got dealt a short hand with all those injuries and mishaps off the court.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree, I think Groce is high energy and still one helluva coach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

A guy like him is going to be able to make a steady stream of 4 stars work. With the occasional 5 star sprinkled in. And some undervalued 3 stars. 

This is what I like. We are getting the complete opposite of Crean. Archie consistently wins with high 3 stars and below. Imagine when he has talent? 

2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Some of you guys are nuts. We aren't getting Romeo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Come on man. I'm having hunting withdrawals too but at least try to be a little optimistic here. This should be fun times for everyone here. Got a new coach. A fresh start. Until he proves otherwise why not hope for the best?

I like the hire but some of you act like we just got Donovan or Stevens and Archie is going to be able to land a kid that is a huge Duke lean with Louisville all over him.

You should know all it takes is coaching with some kids. And from what we've gathered, Romeo wanted no part of playing for Crean. I can't blame him one bit for that. Since Crean is no longer IUs coach, Romeo becomes a very real possibility at IU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Miller was on my list just a little farther down. He has a ton of potential. It's probably not going to be right away. Walking into a star recruits house as an up and coming coach is different than a coach K or Self etc. Romeo isn't your average 3 or 4 star and we are behind with him. I'm not saying Archie won't pull in good talent, I'm just saying sip the kool-aid a little bit !