Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, Josh said:

Wow...name calling and condescending. Same ol' gocolts, huh?

What name did I call you?   Again....reading comprehension. Not a strong suit of yours.  Never has been.  And if you can dish it but not take it, you probably need to go find another hobby.   Everybody got it but you.  Same old....thin skinned, passive aggressive Josh.   

What name did I call you?   Again....reading comprehension. Not a strong suit of yours.  Never has been.  And if you can dish it but not take it, you probably need to go find another hobby.   Everybody got it but you.  Same old....thin skinned, passive aggressive Josh.   

Where's the name calling? Jeez...I can't find it. Lol

You're so combative.

50 minutes ago, Treesh said:

I'm really curious what he can do here at IU. None of his Dayton classes were great..

We all thought Crean was an amazing recruiter and he was pretty good for a little while. One thing that really helped him in recruiting I believe was his ability to pitch a vision. Crean was a salesman like no other, I don't get that vibe from Miller, Miller seems a little awkward to me.

Miller is not awkward. He is a basketball coach who is confident in himself and his ability to teach what he knows.

Crean was awkward, and once you got past his "vision," it was usually just a bunch of baseless drivel and confusing platitudes.

Just now, Josh said:

Where's the name calling? Jeez...I can't find it. Lol

You're so combative.

I know you can't find it.  Didn't happen.  I called your post idiotic.  And it was.  That's not calling you a name....reading comprehension. 

I know you can't find it.  Didn't happen.  I called your post idiotic.  And it was.  That's not calling you a name....reading comprehension. 

Calling my opinion idiotic isn't name calling??

Who has comprehension issues gocolts?

Can I get your PM from yesterday about how Donovan will be our coach? Lol...you're so out of touch.

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

Wait...winning isn't the ultimate? No wonder we wound up here.

Any "winning" Crean accomplished and would have accomplished in the future could be described as sporadic at best based on watching how his teams play (no defense, crappy offensive schemes, lack of fundamentals, turnovers, etc.).

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Can I get your PM from yesterday about how Donovan will be our coach? Lol...you're so out of touch.

Never said that, dude. Never.   People who think they're the smartest ones in the room....aren't.  Just sayin'   Moving on.

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Calling my opinion idiotic isn't name calling??

Who has comprehension issues gocolts?

I called your post idiotic, and it was because you completely missed the point and you didn't give an opinion; so now we need work on reading comprehension and understanding of language.   No.  I did not call you a name even though you're certainly earning it.   Who do you think you're impressing, by the way?  Who do you think cares?  Passive aggressive Josh.   Well I'll be...

Someone asked me to run some of today's great coaches (not calling Alford great, just relevant) through the coaching metric and compare them to Archie.   Here is what I got.  I did not include tournament success, which greatly helped Izzo and Williams, but hurt all the others.  I excluded it because of the vast differences in the tournament selection process from the late 60's until today.  The number of teams have doubled, automatic and at large bids have greatly changed in ratio as well.

Izzo 78

Roy williams 77.06

Bennett 66.86

Archie  65.59

Keady 65.02

Alford 63.69

Calipari 62.6

Knight 58.88

Coach K 51.98

Self    50.01

Pitino 49.83

One pattern that emerged clearly is that seasons after a job change were always much weaker.  Self and Pitino changed jobs twice.

For me personally it wasn't the gossip stuff at all. If anything the gossip stuff was way stronger for alford than Donovan.

For me it was Fred Glass' presser in its totality. He set the stage and made some huge claims I didn't think he could back away from. The gossip stuff filled the day to day but it's not what set my expectations.

It was the presser, 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Here is the rub IMO. Everyone has an interpretation of what FG said. You and others seem to interpret it as only a big name hire, Who has won championships or played in multiple FF's or EE's. This would include all current top coaches entrenched in their schools or in the NBA. I never could see Donavon or Stevens leaving the NBA when their teams are playoff bound. I also could not see SM, TB or any other big name coach leaving their programs. I don't know if this is actually your interpretation, but based on reading your posts,I think I'm close.
Based on reporting of this hire, it seems FG also included other coaches who have turned programs around like AM did at Dayton. The 21 yrs before he took over, Dayton only made the Tournament 4 times. He has brought Dayton to 4 straight.
I really like this hire and think everyone will be very happy. Of course, I could be eating crow in 5 yrs, but I am definitely more excited with this hire than the last one.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Someone asked me to run some of today's great coaches (not calling Alford great, just relevant) through the coaching metric and compare them to Archie.   Here is what I got.  I did not include tournament success, which greatly helped Izzo and Williams, but hurt all the others.  I excluded it because of the vast differences in the tournament selection process from the late 60's until today.  The number of teams have doubled, automatic and at large bids have greatly changed in ratio as well.

Izzo 78

Roy williams 77.06

Bennett 66.86

Archie  65.59

Keady 65.02

Alford 63.69

Calipari 62.6

Knight 58.88

Coach K 51.98

Self    50.01

Pitino 49.83

One pattern that emerged clearly is that seasons after a job change were always much weaker.  Self and Pitino changed jobs twice.

Thanks man interesting to see. I am slowing getting optimistic for Archie. 

Glass promised us somebody who was proven. That's exactly my point. 
Miller has never built a team top 25 in both offense and defense. 
Bennett has built multiple. Could we really not lure him?  Really?? 

I wanted Tb, but what if he is happy, why move? As I posted earlier, I went from Active Duty to my local Guard unit. I really liked the Mortar Platoon I was in. A yr later, I was asked if I would be interested in a promotion to a Battalion in Chicago to straighten out their Mortar units. I certainly could have taken it to further my career, but I was happy where I was training the people that were like family to me. It's not always about money. So etimes people do what makes them happy

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk