Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

If we're not in the elite 8 by year 6 , Glass and Miller can get Crean'd.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That sounds fair to me. Crean got 9, but had to take 2-3 just to clean the program up and get it back on its feet.

My first instinct, however, tells me the guy that coached Dayton to the elite 8, then to two tourney wins with no player over 6'6" (after he had a player die, two dismissed and a 4-star freshman miss 21 games) won't have that much trouble getting there.

We need to be there before then. Or expecting it next year or the year after that. Maybe his third year.

I imagine our roster will be gutted here in a month (James, OG, Bryant).

We do replace them with new players tho. If it takes us 6 years to make an Elite 8, the entire Board of Trustees needs to be replaced. This is Indiana

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

We need to be there before then. Or expecting it next year or the year after that. Maybe his third year.

I imagine our roster will be gutted here in a month (James, OG, Bryant).

I don't think so man. Blackmon and Bryant are coming back

Let's also be real about this. He needs to win. No doubt. He needs to win consistently. I highly doubt if he doesn't go to an elite 8 by year two we fire him. Conversely, I doubt that we extend him after year two if we make an elite 8. On a 7 year deal any coach is essentially getting 4 years to show his worth.

There are a lot of cruel people on here. Give him a chance. He took a job he was offered you would have done the same. If your going to put him down give him a year or two then do it. The only person you should be mad at right now is glass

Sent from my SM-G935V using BtownBanners mobile app

Every big name coach was a nobody at one time. Just maybe we just hired the next big name. To be the man you have to beat the man. Go get'em Coach Miller.

Exactly name the last big ten team who hired a quote home run hire.
Minnesota thought tubby was a home run. Was not the case.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I believe he has a reasonable shot at the elite eight by his third season, pending recruits and such.

No extension must be given until we see an elite 8 appearance.

I think up front I want to see how he recruits this summer. Who we can get OVs on. He was an assistant on the US under 19 squad. He has worked with some of the top recruits. They know how he is.