Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I am not coming down on Justin for saying it was going to be Donovan. I am coming down on Albers for starting the **** storm that Donovan was IN Bloomington and then when it was shown he was wrong he compounded the problem by going in deeper and going off on people for questioning what he said. A lot of reporters got the coach wrong but Justin went beyond that with reporting facts of Donovan being physically in Bloomington. I will quickly apologize if he can provide proof for his reporting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fwiw 24/7 started the Donovan in Bloomington rumors hours before Albers said a word.

3 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

I am not coming down on Justin for saying it was going to be Donovan. I am coming down on Albers for starting the **** storm that Donovan was IN Bloomington and then when it was shown he was wrong he compounded the problem by going in deeper and going off on people for questioning what he said. A lot of reporters got the coach wrong but Justin went beyond that with reporting facts of Donovan being physically in Bloomington. I will quickly apologize if he can provide proof for his reporting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess Rick Bozich should come out and apologize for telling people like Mile that he was on campus too. I doubt Rick is one to just make up tales. 

First calls: Brad Stevens and Billy Donovan

Offer them 9/10 million a year plus stupid bonuses.

Second Calls: Holtmann, White, Miller, Bennett, Collins

Third Calls : Tom Crean or Dane Fife.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Alright I'm okay with miller for now.

Short leash though!

Guess Rick Bozich should come out and apologize for telling people like Mile that he was on campus too. I doubt Rick is one to just make up tales. 

When did Rick say that? Wouldn't he tell his own son that covers IU? Alex was telling everyone how stupid that rumor was on twitter.

He was below Stevens, Donovan, and Bennett for me. Those were the proven guys who I believe cashed the check Fred wrote when he fired Crean. Out of the group of young guns that have a lot of potential, I actually preferred Mike White over Archie.

Things I like about Archie:
1) AdjD increased every year since he arrived in Dayton, till this year it regressed slightly from 9 to I believe 41
2) Young and exciting with potential. Unlike Crean, I don't think we've seen his ceiling, and he has time to learn.
3) Comes from a basketball coaching family and played PG at the collegiate level, so he has a strong background and lifetime of exposure.

Things I don't like:
1) Worried by the AdjO regression while at Dayton. Inconsistent at best, and never put together an elite offense.
2) Potential also equals risk, and nothing he's done before promises any kind of future results. Would have preferred one of the sure fire guys listed above.

Overall, I'm excited. This is a positive step forward from a toxic situation with Crean. With Deron and Devonte hopefully back next year, plus any combination of the rest of the team returning, I believe we have a talented team that will do what their new coach has always done: exceed expectations.

The problem though if you look at Mike White's whole career on Wikipedia , he is a southern boy and seems to enjoy staying down there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

This will be my last comment.  You won't change my mind, and I won't change yours.  We will just have to agree to disagree.  

Show me where Bozich reported anywhere that Donovan was not only in Bloomington, but was there to meet with Fred Glass to talk about the IU job...   and I will happily say he did wrong as well.  

That is where Justin went wrong, and then treating people like dirt when he was questioned.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

When did Rick say that? Wouldn't he tell his own son that covers IU? Alex was telling everyone how stupid that rumor was on twitter.

Mile got the email yesterday. He has been close to Rick for years. Not once did Mile take a hard stance on Donovan coming to IU just said it was a name he heard. There was no agenda for him to push. 

Just now, lviucpa said:

According to this guy from ESPN analytics , the Greek Frank's little brother may follow Miller to IU and elgible for the 2nd semester. Kostas was a 4 star a couple years ago.

https://twitter.com/neilmjohnson https://twitter.com/neilmjohnson/status/845780573322924032

Lets hope. I am sure the cupboard will be a little bare coming in. 

Why would someone who has been proven to have credible information make that up? 

To cover his own @$$. That dude flip flopped so much it wasn't even funny. Sorry but you probably won't find much 24/7 love here especially after they got it wrong while putting down every other IU website the whole time.

For anyone questioning the state of the IU job because of us hiring Miller and not a bigger name, I have to ask if any of the other top college jobs opened up right now (UNC, KU, UK, Louisville, UCLA) and none of them could pull Donovan or Stevens, what would their coaching candidates look like? (save Duke because of Collins). I don't see Few ever leaving Gonzaga, and going forward I don't see that much of a dropoff between Archie and Marshall, S. Miller or Mack. 

Just now, Dalton26 said:

To cover his own @$$. That dude flip flopped so much it wasn't even funny. Sorry but you probably won't find much 24/7 love here especially after they got it wrong while putting down every other IU website the whole time.

How did Mile flip flop when he never took a hard stance? Hickory? Yes. 0708? Yes. Others? Yes.