Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Don't know what this means. ... I think Blackmon's gone, regardless. And I can't say I know the dynamic of this team, but I think there's a reason we were champs in 16 and chumps in 17. Recall how much better we got without JBJ last season?

couldn't care less what JBJ thinks. 

Well, now we get to see how playing/coaching in the A-10 translates into the Big Ten.  SUPER amused about all the Donovan chatter, that was just comical.  Archie was probably the best recruiter available and that does count for a lot. Not overly sold on the x's and o's he brings, but, better than what we had.  I think the minimum requirement for an IU Basketball Coach is to make the NCAA tourney every year, I think Archie can accomplish that.  I say Welcome to Coach Miller and now the "silly" offseason starts....be interesting to see what kind of Roster he ends up with for year one.  I hope the Boosters who forced this change give him the leeway he is going to need for a few years.

2 minutes ago, Adillac said:

couldn't care less what JBJ thinks. 

I wouldn't worry much about any of the current rostered players.  Probably the most selfish, lowest Basketball IQ group to ever wear IU uniforms.  Miller will need a few years to work through the roster

Are we still not understanding what search firms do?

I do understand what they do. Multiple things they do.

Fred Glass explicitly said no search firm during his PC. This changed a few days later.

Makes complete sense when option 1 didn't go the way he thought, more "talks" needed done.

I'm convinced Archie wasn't option 1. Glass said "he was on the short list early on". He could have said we got our guy or many other ways of phrasing it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Archie is under 40 years old and universally regarded as a budding superstar amongst his peers. Honestly ask yourself this question: Who has a higher ceiling in regards to recruiting? Gregg Marshall or Archie Miller.? [/quote
]
Archie all the way!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I do understand what they do. Multiple things they do.

Fred Glass explicitly said no search firm during his PC. This changed a few days later.

Makes complete sense when option 1 didn't go the way he thought, more "talks" needed done.

I'm convinced Archie wasn't option 1. Glass said "he was on the short list early on". He could have said we got our guy or many other ways of phrasing it.

The way I recall it, Fred said at the PC he may or may not hire a search firm. He did not rule it out.

Who was your top target...one name

1. Stevens
2. Donovan
3. Sean Miller
4. Few
5. Bennett
5. Alford
6. Marshall
7. Probably Archie 7. But I don't think he is necessarily, without a doubt, currently better than Collins, White, Huggins, Martin, and a host of others.

His age and family ties give hope. His results are pretty good. He's on the list. Of the "realistic"-whatever that means- list he is 2-4 for me. I like his youth a lot.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Good thing we kept Tom Crean for so long. If timing was the reason we didn't get Donovan, then Glass blew it two years ago when he chose to keep a proven failure that's not wanted by any high major program now.

I'm intrigued by Miller, but not overly excited. I want to be big-time. It pisses me off how the national media repeatedly scoffed at us for even thinking we could get an NBA coach. Miller may make us elite, but it's far less of a sure thing.

Timing was the reason we didn't get Stevens, too.  

Does anyone remember how Marquette fans were after losing Crean? I went on a Dayton message board and they are completely devastated this happened. I don't remember that happening with Crean.

Apparently they were excited to see him go

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

1. Stevens
2. Donovan
3. Sean Miller
4. Few
5. Bennett
5. Alford
6. Marshall
7. Probably Archie 7. But I don't think he is necessarily, without a doubt, currently better than Collins, White, Huggins, Martin, and a host of others.

His age and family ties give hope. His results are pretty good. He's on the list. Of the "realistic"-whatever that means- list he is 2-4 for me. I like his youth a lot.

I said one name...but your list explains your disappointment.