Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Hey guys don't start name calling or anything like that. Josh is asking legitimate questions. I'd much rather someone do what he's doing than stomp their feet saying I'm done or we screwed up. He's wanting to see what some of the rest of us see in Archie. Remember we are all rooting for the same team at the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Correct me if I'm wrong but he led Dayton to the elite 8 in 2014 and took them back to the sweet 16 a year later with a depleted roster and no over 6'6" due to giving some people the boot. 4 straight tourney appearances I mean he's done this all at a mid major program. He also took down Syracuse in 2014 which Crean couldn't even sniff. You still may not be convinced and that's not my point but I don't know what else people want. No one from a mid major is consistently going to make deep runs in the tournament not named gonzaga.

I think you are wrong. They went to the Elite 8 and then won a play in and first round game the next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Hey guys don't start name calling or anything like that. Josh is asking legitimate questions. I'd much rather someone do what he's doing than stomp their feet saying I'm done or we screwed up. He's wanting to see what some of the rest of us see in Archie. Remember we are all rooting for the same team at the end of the day.

I immediately regretted the drama queen statement. Edited. Sorry josh.

4 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Playing Arizona and Kentucky every year would be awesome. Add in the fact that you play an ACC team and the non conference schedule would be in business.

The Crossroads Classic and the Louisville series as well. There are definitely some good opportunities to vastly improve our non-conference schedule. 

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Where do you get off saying Archie and Crean are the same coach? You're being a drama queen right now. Remind of the last time Crean took a team to the NCAA tournament 4 years in a row? Dayton had been to 1......1 in the previous 9 seasons before him. Now extrapolate the fact that he's been consistent at Dayton with what resources he will have available to him at Indiana University. Seriously, gather yourself and start thinking with logic, rather than emotion. Ask yourself.....if you never would have had the thought of hiring Billy Donovan planter in your head, would you view this hire the same way? Miller advanced DAYTON further in the NCAA tournament than Crean was able to in 9 years at Indiana. DAYTON!!!!

You changed your profile picture too? I'm about to. Damn I get to see his wife on two avatars now haha

Correct me if I'm wrong but he led Dayton to the elite 8 in 2014 and took them back to the sweet 16 a year later with a depleted roster and no over 6'6" due to giving some people the boot. 4 straight tourney appearances I mean he's done this all at a mid major program. He also took down Syracuse in 2014 which Crean couldn't even sniff. You still may not be convinced and that's not my point but I don't know what else people want. No one from a mid major is consistently going to make deep runs in the tournament not named gonzaga.

Also, there are several mid majors who have a better tourney record than Miller over his tenure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

I immediately regretted the drama queen statement. Edited. Sorry josh.

You, me, and everyone else are guilty of doing the same thing. Emotions are running high right now one way or another. Josh and I agree on very little but one thing I've never seen him do is just tune everything out, at least he's willing to hear the other side of it.

6 minutes ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

I'm not sure of the roster construction but he actually went out in the second round the year after going to the elite eight. I believe that other than the elite eight year he never went past the second round?