Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Purdue fans are acting all smug, "IU confirmed little brother," like they wouldn't trade Painter for Archie in a heartbeat. 

I guess if you're content with getting your butt handed to you every time you reach you're personal championship, the Sweet Sixteen for Purdue, then sure whatever

I'm kinda disappointed but I'm an IU fan so I'm hoping he succeeds. Let's wait and how he's does. I'll be honest, when his team made their elite eight run a couple years ago I kinda liked what saw. I'm neutral Archie...win me over. 

I live in the Cincy area and have heard some good things about him on local sports talk shows.

For those of you who are more knowledgeable please educate me.        

1) what has he been like as a recruiter in the past?

2) what has his teams defensive and offensive stats been like at Dayton?

LOL.  I knew something would break when I decided to eat lunch and do a little actual work.

Whoever it was on the other site that said this morning we would know today and be pleased not happy kind of nailed it.  Personally, I'd call it a solid hire.  Maybe even a home run, but not a grand slam.  It will be interesting to see the PC and I'll bet we hear "we got the guy we wanted all along", LOL.  They always say that.

I certainly feel that AM is an upgrade over FCTC.  I think he's a better X's & O's guy and almost have to be a much better recruiter seeing as how FCTC pretty much alienated Indiana HS coaches.  That said, Archie isn't inheriting a stacked roster, nor anything close to a depleted one like 9 years ago.  I fully expect to see significant improvement in year one and to starting meeting expectations in year 2 or 3 - if not, I'll be disappointed.

1 minute ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Do we really want to talk **** about sweet 16s?

Yep, sure do. Guess it depends on how you feel about Archie. I love the hire, think he is easily going to take us to deeper than the Sweet Sixteen.

Also, my comment was more a jab at the low expectations that Purdue fans accpet