Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

We all want the best for IU basketball, but all I ask is that we all support him and give him a couple years to build his credibility and reputation at IU. No coach can be successful with a fan base that isn't on board.

I know he isn't the sexiest hire, but I truly believe he has potential to be a star. Being around him at UD, I have never seen a more loved coach by the community than him. 

Those who say he is a Crean haven't watched him coach. He makes no excuses and his teams play tough, discipline basketball. I'm eager to see how he does. Go Hoosiers 

Just now, AKHoosier said:

I just highly doubt that.  But I sure as hell wouldn't hold it against him for not landing Romeo.

It's more likely we get guys like Musa Jallow.

I think you're underestimating Archie. Remember, all it took was a coaching change to land Eric Gordon

If anything, blame Glass for the expectations he set at the press conference. This is a great hire, and everyone here would think so if he doesn't say all that "double check plus" crap, or if we hadn't had the Donovan delusion.

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

I think you're underestimating Archie. Remember, all it took was a coaching change to land Eric Gordon

Eric Gordon grew up an IU fan though.  Romeo Langford did not.

He's all about Duke and UL.

It's ok though, plenty of good players out there not named Romeo Langford.  I'd love for you to be right.

Being completely honest, I have to say I am disappointed--I wanted someone already proven. This is not a homerun hire--it is a strong double. I hope it turns into a homerun hire in time. I guess the others said no. This hire does not scream "IU is back"! It screams that we are taking a chance again on another up and comer. This hire does not invoke fear in our rivals and many are probably actually relieved we could not pull a Donovan or a Stevens or a Bennett. All that being said---it is a strong hire and I will support Miller with hopes he can get us to where we want to be. Hoosiers forever !

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don't sell Archie short as a double. He's at least a lead off triple in a tie game in the bottom of the 9th.

Just now, AKHoosier said:

Eric Gordon grew up an IU fan though.  Romeo Langford did not.

He's all about Duke and UL.

It's ok though, plenty of good players out there not named Romeo Langford.  I'd love for you to be right.

That's all fine and dandy but the fact of the matter is IUs odds greatly improve with Archie. Had no chance with Crean

Seems Archie is active on twitter. Wonder how long it'll take IU fans to totally destroy that guys will to even touch social media like we did with Crean.

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

He recruited kostas antetokounmpo to Dayton over Florida and other high majors. He was also the point man while recruiting at OSU and Arizona.

OMG that's Greek Freak's brother?!?! Get his @$$ to Bloomington!!