Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

He benefited from his SOS, and his win% is solid. I agree. I think he and Sean Miller are mostly a product of the talent they have brought in, but I guess that's part of coaching too. I'd prefer a lesser recruiter who overachieves to a great recruiter who underacheives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Probably true but better recruiter has higher ceiling. Crean would have been a regular winner with UK rosters in spite of his deficiencies.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Tony Bennett over Archie all day every day for me.

The only hires in itself that make us elite in stature, are Stevens,Donovan, and maybe Sean Miller.

Everyone else will need to prove themselves. I think Tony Bennett has the best chance of that. My biggest worry with him is our recruiting won't be on the level to compete with Duke, Kansas, UK.

I have been very anti-Sean. The end of game situations Friday looked very much like a Crean coached team. Huge interior advantage... settle for jump shots. That being said, when I ran the numbers on coaches he came in right behind Donovan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

If it's not Donovan for some reason, Archie is who I want

Of the remaining candidates, he feels like the one with the most potential upside.

Tony Bennett over Archie all day every day for me.

The only hires in itself that make us elite in stature, are Stevens,Donovan, and maybe Sean Miller.

Everyone else will need to prove themselves. I think Tony Bennett has the best chance of that. My biggest worry with him is our recruiting won't be on the level to compete with Duke, Kansas, UK.

I agree with this but I feel as though Bennett has proven he can beat high-caliber teams with less talent. It would be very interesting to see what the recruiting uptick would be like for him at IU. I can't get myself to buy any of the Donovan stuff so focusing on Bennett and if not him, the Millers. White has certainly been interesting as well. Marshall, Mack, and Collins are the next rung for me.

I would give Archie a chance but it's obviously high risk, high reward.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I know anything shared by various "insiders" has to be taken with some measure of salt, but given that at least some of them have some indirect connections to the program, I hope when it's all over we can get details of what all has really been going on these past several days.

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Didn't we decide yesterday that Parker is probably working with FlightAware to block IU flights? Lost cause guys.

yeah i think people really need to chill with FlightAware stuff.