Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Anyway....Archie our next coach? That would be very disappointing. Of all the candidates, and after all the lofty talk at the presser last week, Glass is going to hire Archie?? I'm not sure about that.

Agreed. Only two guys check all the boxes for almost every Hoosier fan and Glass knows who they are. The big question is, did Freddie pull the trigger on Crean with a new coach in the bag or not.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Archie better than Crean..... Barely.

Not impressed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Mmm incredibly unproven. He's done very impressive work at an irrelevant school in an irrelevant conference. I'm not wow'd, but certainly happier with him than a proven underachiever (sup, Alford! How about that loss to UK?)

Mmm incredibly unproven. He's done very impressive work at an irrelevant school in an irrelevant conference. I'm not wow'd, but certainly happier with him than a proven underachiever (sup, Alford! How about that loss to UK?)

Lol. You are a piece of work. UK hit tons of shots. Every big shot. It was a good win. They were 1-1. (But yeah, Alford is why they lost last night).

Have a good day, sir.

While Archie wouldn't be my first choice... I would be okay with it.

He has potential to be to be a great hire... but if they had the option of Bennett or Archie... Bennett should be the choice considering how critical this hire is.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lol. You are a piece of work. UK hit tons of shots. Every big shot. It was a good win. They were 1-1. (But yeah, Alford is why they lost last night).

Have a good day, sir.

*A beautiful piece of work

Bad defense usually results in the other team hitting a lot of shots. Not rocket science. We watched it for 9 years with Crean. Alford's team = Alford's fault. Same standard we've held our coach to.

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Archie better than Crean..... Barely.

Not impressed.

Archie is better than Crean, we can disagree as to what degree.

But Archie, at 38, is a student of the game. In 12 years he'll be exponentially better than Crean. The only question is how quickly he navigates that learning curve. 

*A beautiful piece of work
Bad defense usually results in the other team hitting a lot of shots. Not rocket science. We watched it for 9 years with Crean. Alford's team = Alford's fault. Same standard we've held our coach to.

You were the biggest Crean supporter for years. Year after year. How am I supposed to trust your assessment of a good or great coach.

For those suggesting a mid-major coach, there's really only 1 question glass needs to consider. Is he willing to allow the basketball program to be the guinea pig for a coach from a mid-major college? Because that's what it would be, nobody knows what a coach from somewhere like a Dayton is going to do with a program who plays big boy teams every year

Surprised Alford is not on the bottom of the list.

He benefited from his SOS, and his win% is solid. I agree. I think he and Sean Miller are mostly a product of the talent they have brought in, but I guess that's part of coaching too. I'd prefer a lesser recruiter who overachieves to a great recruiter who underacheives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You were the biggest Crean supporter for years. Year after year. How am I supposed to trust your assessment of a good or great coach.

You don't have to. Alford keeps proving his mediocrity for me, and Archie looks a heckuva lot better than either of them.

Also, supported Crean, no doubt. Always hated his defenses and the turnovers, but did think he deserved all the time he received. This year the relationship clearly ran it's course, and moving on to the next thing (regardless of whether the best guy was available or not) was the right decision.