Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

This hire absolutely has to be a home run. The major programs (Duke, UNC, puke) will be having coaching turnover with the next 5 seasons. IU, and most importantly Glass, has to get this right. We have been consistently inconsistent for about two decades.

The only home run hires out there for IU are Donovan and Stevens. Stevens, unfortunately, isn't coming to IU right now. Glass has to land Donovan to return IU to the glory days.

The way Glass sold it would lead anyone to think it's someone like Donovan.  He screwed up unless it happens, don't over sale to under deliver.

5 minutes ago, seihoosier said:

Roy Williams denied it too and introduced with UNC a few days later.  I won't buy anything until the new coach is introduced. 

Stop it. I just spent the last 3 days of my life at work in the ER. Don't make me go back as a patient.

Based on what we heard last night from Clavio it sounds like IU turned him away and is not interested on their end a lot more than his. Alford making it sound like his decision with this statement instead of IU's which is smart PR on his part and I don't blame him.

Either way all well that ends well if we don't get him regardless of if it was IU or Alford's decision to close the book.

Have to agree with you here. Donovan has said nothing that definitive

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree. Donovan has been hedging his statements and I continue to believe he is coming. If he or Stevens do not--I am fine with Bennett. Let's get a decision so the recruiting can begin (unless it has already started and we just don't know about it). I continue to be optimistic good news is coming!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

9 minutes ago, cljones1979 said:

im still not sold on archie. i know the stats are there. its just a gut feeling at this point. 

I don't even think that you can say the stats are there. He has missed the tournament twice and been upset by a team seeded at least three spots lower than him twice.  That is four bad endings to a season in 7 years.  His SOS is in the 80's, his point differential is not impressive.  He had one run.  Take away the elite 8 run, and there is not much of a case for Archie over any other above average mid major coach.

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Rumor of it being leaked tomorrow and a press conference Sunday. Time will tell if its just another rumor. 

my guess is its another rumor. still have mack and white in tournament which i think may be candidates. unless they already have their guy. depending how you believe they do or they are still reaching out.