Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

To me, resume matters but have to look at the circumstances of the success on a resume to see how much value it has when deciding if he is the right choice.

Was the coach's success front-loaded in his time with the team and tapered off?  If so then I would question if the success was more due more to the previous coach.  Example: Mike Davis and Knight's players

Did the coach just ride the coattails for a really good player?  Example: Crean and Wade

Does the coach have baggage on his resume?  Example: Alford

Resumes matter but you can't just look at the accomplishments in a vacuum.  What matters is their consistency of success and whether the team is generally better recently vs when the coach arrived at the school.   Do teams get better under this coach or do they get worse?  Or are the results inconsistent?

Lets get a coach that shows he can build a program to consistent success.

12 minutes ago, finky said:

Alford- 100%

I honestly think this is a case of "booster uprising".  Most of these boosters probably logically thought bringing Knight back would be our savior, but, since they can't have him they want Alford and Alford they will get.  We will go through another 10 year run of not much and we can all gather back here in 10 years and have this discussion again.  That's my prediction.  If they really wanted to "make a change" the next coach would have been announced in conjunction with the firing.  

Not necessarily.  The coach they want may still be coaching their team (i.e. NBA or still in the NCAA tourney).   You can't always name the new coach the second the old coach was fired.

It could be Alford given he is still in the tourney but could just as easily be someone else.

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Probably still time to grab that box of IU gear in his garage before it goes to Goodwill

Crean strikes me as the kind of guy that might be sticking around "just in case" Glass calls him back and wants to make up.

It's over Tom he cheated on you, just get on with it. Go bang another chick (Georgetown) and get on with your life.

You all may as well quit wishing for Billy D he is not coming, if he was it would have already been announced by now. His players are not going to leave on him, they don't even care if they have a coach.

The next coach of Indiana University is still coaching the NCAA mens sweet 16 and after listening to Dan Patrick show I am more convinced then ever it is Alford. Said Buckner and another board member was in favor of hiring Woodson, but the rest wanted Alford. I also heard he reason Glass hired the search firm was to fully investigate the Pierce incident while at Iowa.

Steve Alford the next coach at IU. We should have a couple cases of his favorite hairspray waiting on him. :) 

1 minute ago, the possum said:

You all may as well quit wishing for Billy D he is not coming, if he was it would have already been announced by now. His players are not going to leave on him, they don't even care if they have a coach.

The next coach of Indiana University is still coaching the NCAA mens sweet 16 and after listening to Dan Patrick show I am more convinced then ever it is Alford. Said Buckner and another board member was in favor of hiring Woodson, but the rest wanted Alford. I also heard he reason Glass hired the search firm was to fully investigate the Pierce incident while at Iowa.

Steve Alford the next coach at IU. We should have a couple cases of his favorite hairspray waiting on him. :) 

Yeah I am hearing an awful lot of chatter of what the Trustees want. If I am Fred Glass and my name/job/legacy are on the line then I am not listening to them or I am making it perfectly clear to the fan base that it is out of my control.