Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

2 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Not trying to cause a stir but you guys do know Greg Poppovich is from Indiana right? Make the call Glass.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And Becky Hammons is considering the Florida women's HC job, or is that just a smokescreen. Billy Donovan IS in Bloomington... negotiating her contract.

5201193.PNG

Be prepared for both. I am excited most that is seems like he is actually interested. It only means if we dont get him we just settle for someone average. Glass wont want to go from a 10 to a 6 or 7 just cause. If he says no though I believe we did all we could and will be disappointed. Whoever gets it deserves a shot.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, if you listen to Doug Gottleib, then it's Alford 100%, right?  :)

I think Bennett is 0%. Once his sister Kathy started struggling coaching the women's team, she and Greenspan had a falling out and she was treated fairly badly, and that's the main reason she left, according to what I heard. And you wouldn't want to work for someone who dumped on a family member, would you? Unless blood isn't thicker than money...

And I think the Mack hire would not sit well with the Evansville corner of the state (not that anyone else in the state cares about that). Him leaving the Purple Aces for then conference rival Xavier incensed the masses in the Land of Arad McCutchan and that bad taste in the mouth still lingers.

Still, I give Mack 50% and Archie Miller and Holtmann 25 each. I'm fairly convinced, with no sources whatsoever, that no current NBA coach is coming to Bloomington. Sorry.

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Be prepared for both. I am excited most that is seems like he is actually interested. It only means if we dont get him we just settle for someone average. Glass wont want to go from a 10 to a 6 or 7 just cause. If he says no though I believe we did all we could and will be disappointed. Whoever gets it deserves a shot.

I have no idea if that post is true or not. For discussion sake let's say it is. You don't fly to Bloomington to say no, fly there to dot the i's and cross the t's in preparation for an announcement. 

Sorry but if he's in Bloomington, he's probably already said yes or incredibly close. I don't think he would travel to Bloomington, in the trail end of his NBA season, just to interview. My guess is he was wavering and Glass said, come on down and let me show you around - no better way to push him over the fence than by showing him cook hall, assembly and the banners 

This fanbase is about to lose their minds if this goes down.  Chatter all over the place regarding BD.

Cars will be burnt in Bloomington. Treesh dont park near the street just in case lol.

I'm not acting like i'm in the know :107:

I have Becky Hammon in my top 5 board, like people are really going to think I'm some sort of source. I was just passing on what I was told through an assistant of Donovan's. 

I thought you previously said it was a Donovan family member?