Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

31 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

May be the only coach out there with a resume that suggests they would be able to achieve the goals Glass laid out for the next coach. I also fully believe that the boosters will provide full financial support to make the right guy the highest paid coach in college basketball, or Glass would not have said that resources will not be an obstacle.

I don't think we're hiring a resume, and I don't believe a resume suggests what might happen.  It reflects what has happened.  As an example, Kevin Ollie won a title.  What did his resume suggest?   I think some are focusing way too much on what a coach HAS accomplished.  Proven guys are fine and preferred if you can find the right one; but past success isn't a guarantee of future success; and I think there's a lot more to this hire than a resume.

Any time you fire a coach, no matter where it is along a timeline, there are going to be a few good candidates available.  5 years ago, Brad Stevens would have been a viable target.   Now?  He is not.  Last season, Donovan wouldn't have; and I'm not convinced he is now.  Maybe.   3 years from now, perhaps a guy like Fife makes more sense.  Maybe another few names emerge.  We have to get this one right.  Doesn't matter what a resume says.  This coach has to be at Indiana 10-15 years, minimum.  One of the most important hires in the program's history.  Maybe the school's.  The brand depends on it, so I think they really need to focus on what they believe WILL happen; not what has happened.

Hope it's true but I have a hard time believing he'd be walking around in plain sight in Bloomington. The tweet doesn't say where he was seen but the only things he's on record saying is he's committed to the Thunder. Walking around Bloomington and risk having someone see you and grab a photo seems like an unnecessary thing to do. Unlesssssss, he plans on announcing he's taking the job. 

Who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I want Donovan if for no other reason than to listen to all the media outlets and NBA fans and other cbb fans utter their surprise. 

2 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I don't think we're hiring a resume, and I don't believe a resume suggests what might happen.  It reflects what has happened.  As an example, Kevin Ollie won a title.  What did his resume suggest?   I think some are focusing way too much on what a coach HAS accomplished.  Proven guys are fine and preferred if you can find the right one; but past success isn't a guarantee of future success; and I think there's a lot more to this hire than a resume.

Any time you fire a coach, no matter where it is along a timeline, there are going to be a few good candidates available.  5 years ago, Brad Stevens would have been a viable target.   Now?  He is not.  Last season, Donovan wouldn't have; and I'm not convinced he is now.  Maybe.   3 years from now, perhaps a guy like Fife makes more sense.  Maybe another few names emerge.  We have to get this one right.  Doesn't matter what a resume says.  This coach has to be at Indiana 10-15 years, minimum.  One of the most important hires in the program's history.  Maybe the school's.  The brand depends on it, so I think they really need to focus on what they believe WILL happen; not what has happened.

According to Fred Glass, he's going after someone who has experienced high levels of success in the past. A resume is a great indicator of past ability to meet expectations, and then you can make the determination of whether the individual can continue to produce results equal to or greater than what they accomplished in the past.

Also, Kevin Ollie's resume is a much larger body of work than one season where he happened to win a title.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to suggest. You clearly don't believe that Billy Donovan is the right guy for Indiana, but have consistently failed to explain why.

9 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Wow that was painful. And I'm pretty sure fictional. Donovan WAS represented by CSE I doubt he negotiated an NBA contract without an agent after using one previously in his career