Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

He out-coached Miller by leaps and bounds. Miller failed the audition. I would take Mack and be satisfied.

This was no audition for Miller. If he wants the job he probably gets it over anyone not named Donovan. He has done plenty and is a recruiting monster. This had more to do with Xavier playing a heck of a game and an even better game plan. That zone killed any momentum for Zona. The call to go down low to take the lead was perfectly drawn up.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, quite surprised. Not really so much that Mack coached well, but that Miller didn't seem to do much. Especially with his team melting down in the last 4 minutes. No offensive execution but there didn't seem to be much to execute. Perks of being patient and waiting through this hiring process.

1 minute ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

This was no audition for Miller. If he wants the job he probably gets it over anyone not named Donovan. He has done plenty and is a recruiting monster. This had more to do with Xavier playing a heck of a game and an even better game plan. That zone killed any momentum for Zona. The call to go down low to take the lead was perfectly drawn up.

After watching Crean's teams for 9 years, I still cringe with I see a supposedly seasoned coach who struggles to get his team to play against a zone...

They kept jacking 3s with a huge advantage down low. That's coaching. Reminded me of the Syracuse game a few years ago... this game shouldn't have been close - the size and talent discrepancy was obvious. He had no answer for the zone - deer in headlights. Crean was in Final 4 - Miller... not so much. #failedaudition

7 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

He has done plenty. But, any final fours? Not a good trend for a recruiting monster.

I am so tired of these guys saying Billy D is ours then he isnt every other day. Calm down people if it was already a YES we probably have a better idea than a few message board guys saying it. It has never been a yes or no. If it was no it wouldnt still be a topic of discussion. I am sure one day Billy thinks he wants it and next he isnt so sure. That is gonna be the case with most legit candidates specially one with as many options as him. This weekend is key for our search. With all the games going and Billy have a few days off it will really get the ball rolling. IMO Glass was never rolling his sleeves up until after this weekend when he has most of his candidates and has had time to talk to every single one.

That's why I haven't believed anything posted, a,though that last video seems legit since it's from a professor.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

After watching Crean's teams for 9 years, I still cringe with I see a supposedly seasoned coach who struggles to get his team to play against a zone...

Zona dont have the shooters honestly. Thats why I said it was a great game plan. Mack knew he would force them to shoot outside. Miller even said at half time they needed to get Lauri the ball and failed at that. That defense the last few minutes was as good as I have seen.

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

Xavier played a lot of man to man down the stretch.  Switched out of zone.  Offensive rebounding was an issue out of the zone. Good adjustment by Xavier.

He out-coached Miller by leaps and bounds. Miller failed the audition. I would take Mack and be satisfied.

THIS! I wasn't excited when his name popped up. But he just outcoached zona's NBA stars.

I wouldn't excited with s miller after watching this game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Xavier played a lot of man to man down the stretch.  Switched out of zone.  Offensive rebounding was an issue out of the zone. Good adjustment by Xavier.

Honestly the matchups just favored Xavier. Zona's bigs arent physical and that was exposed by X. They have maybe 2 kids who can hit 3s and the zone took that away. When they started driving more they switched to man. A lot of teams can do that but Mack had the right matchups and was smart to switch dependent on Zonas personel. Applaud Mack more than fault Miller for this game IMO.

Honestly the matchups just favored Xavier. Zona's bigs arent physical and that was exposed by X. They have maybe 2 kids who can hit 3s and the zone took that away. When they started driving more they switched to man. A lot of teams can do that but Mack had the right matchups and was smart to switch dependent on Zonas personel. Applaud Mack more than fault Miller for this game IMO.

Miller apologist -- . Call a spade a spade - Mack schooled him. Miller is a TOP NOTCH recruiter. He disappoints in the tourney, which we all agree is what matters most. I, personally, have moved him down the list (still above Crean, Whitman, Woodson, Fife and Alford, tho).

Wow. There was one point when the announcers said Zona had as many O-Rebounds (13) as Xavier had total rebounds. The rest of the game, Zona only got one OREB.
I get so frustrated when underdogs lose because they let the bigger, more athletic favorite get crucial OREBS on shots at the end of the game. Mack and the Musketeers didn't let that happen.
I'd argue Mack got his team to make a very important adjustment which may have saved the game for them. Just gonna say, our old coach barely ever did that.

Wow. There was one point when the announcers said Zona had as many O-Rebounds (13) as Xavier had total rebounds. The rest of the game, Zona only got one OREB.
I get so frustrated when underdogs lose because they let the bigger, more athletic favorite get crucial OREBS on shots at the end of the game. Mack and the Musketeers didn't let that happen.
I'd argue Mack got his team to make a very important adjustment which may have saved the game for them. Just gonna say, our old coach barely ever did that.

"Barely ever" may be an overstatement... 🏻

Miller apologist -- . Call a spade a spade - Mack schooled him. Miller is a TOP NOTCH recruiter. He disappoints in the tourney, which we all agree is what matters most. I, personally, have moved him down the list (still above Crean, Whitman, Woodson, Fife and Alford, tho).

What are you talking about lol? Go back and read any of my post before today I havent even mentioned the guy as a possibility of wanting. I put him on my list as the 4th or 5th guy if anything most the time. I just aint that guy that watches one game and freaks out. Miller has done more than enough to justify he is a good coach. Me saying it holds no merit he has proved it. 2 hours ago almost everyone on here hated the idea of Mack now he is awesome and would be thrilled? It was one game and not every game needs every detail taken out of context. Momentum is the biggest stat that isnt even counted and Xavier had it down the stretch. He was out coached one tonight. Yeah. That doesnt mean Mack is better. Coaches do a lot for a teams success but finding the right players is the other thing and talented ones. Not every game falls on any coach.