Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

2 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Had to chuckle at the "Dr."....Forgot about that. We go a long long way back. To many of us old timers almost to remember all.

Sent from my XT1585 using BtownBanners mobile app

You know him a hundred times better than I do then. I have met him twice I think in passing when I was a student at IU. I was a HPER major in school when he taught there (not sure what year he moved over to journalism) but never took a class from him.  

Just now, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

The Mack talk is kind crazy imo. He's being mentioned because a guy didn't want to coach at UMass, are we serious? People are really stretching

That's what our man Clavio said also basically

That's what our man Clavio said also basically

Yes I get it. You were the first to post a podcast or radio show where an IU source more or less said Alford and Mack are no go's. Thank you for bringing that bit of information, i think it eases people's minds about Alford, but do you really need to comment non stop and reply to everyone's comment just to point out that you were the one who posted the video.

Yes I get it. You were the first to post a podcast or radio show where an IU source more or less said Alford and Mack are no go's. Thank you for bringing that bit of information, i think it eases people's minds about Alford, but do you really need to comment non stop and reply to everyone's comment just to point out that you were the one who posted the video.

My kids get grumpy when they stay up too late too! :)

4 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

I'll stop. Sorry. I'm just relieved to hear his bit of info that Alford is a no go and I ran with it since I think it is credible. 

53 minutes ago, Andrew_114 said:

Here's the thing with your thinking and everyone else's. Glass will not name a coach until he can at least interview and do his due diligence with Alford. I'm not saying he wants him by any means but he has to appease certain boosters and trustees and until Alford is done coaching in the tournament we won't get an announcement. And even then it could be someone still left in the tourney. I'm not sure why everyone is getting so bent out of shape. We have plenty of time to name a coach.

I'm not totally convinced Alford would want to interview or show blatant interest in a job he knows he has very little chance to get. All that does is weaken his position at UCLA and give the fan base there more reason to fire up their own torches. So I don't buy this "due dligence/token interview" stuff. All that does is cover Fred's butt with a certain segment of fans/alumni and does nothing but damage Alford's brand at UCLA. 

Some back channel chat, sure. But unless Alford truly has a reason to believe he's got a high percentage shot at the job, he'd be a fool to burn bridges further out there. So if any kind of formal  face to face interview takes place, I have to (gulp) believe Alford has a very good chance of actually getting the job. Therefore, I hope no such interview happens.

I'm not totally convinced Alford would want to interview or show blatant interest in a job he knows he has very little chance to get. All that does is weaken his position at UCLA and give the fan base there more reason to fire up their own torches. So I don't buy this "due dligence/token interview" stuff. All that does is cover Fred's butt with a certain segment of fans/alumni and does nothing but damage Alford's brand at UCLA. 
Some back channel chat, sure. But unless Alford truly has a reason to believe he's got a high percentage shot at the job, he'd be a fool to burn bridges further out there. So if any kind of formal  face to face interview takes place, I have to (gulp) believe Alford has a very good chance of actually getting the job. Therefore, I hope no such interview happens.

Boooom!! Some people are starting to get it on day 7 technically 8.

Rundown:

1. Not every word on 247 means time to freak out good or bad and who knows how much is even true.
2. Alford isn't interviewing w us unless it is serious. We act like UCLA is some 2nd tier job. It is just as good of a job as ours. Only difference is IU is home for him so personally it has a big advantage. He could use it for a raise but that is probably coming anyways now.
3. We probably dont have a real idea of who our coach candidates even are till Tuesday. Which is the earliest it could be named but probably not till Thursday or the following Monday or Tuesday. That would be less than a week from the playoffs.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app