Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

1 minute ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Chris Mack doesn't leave his hometown and Alma Mater for Georgetown(rival) or Oklahoma State. If he's leaving.....its for IU. And that may be an indication that Glass wasn't getting the feedback that he wanted.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Which means we're delusional and this is no longer a top job lol

It seems pretty obvious that they are at the very least going to talk to Alford. That won't happen until UCLA is out, so I wouldn't expect an announcement of any kind- Alford or otherwise- until after that. Unless, of course, you believe in the Donovan interest (I don't). 

3 minutes ago, Shoes_N_Shorts said:

It seems pretty obvious that they are at the very least going to talk to Alford. That won't happen until UCLA is out, so I wouldn't expect an announcement of any kind- Alford or otherwise- until after that. Unless, of course, you believe in the Donovan interest (I don't). 

Why would we talk to him, hes not the elite hire that Glass talked about

I am going to post a topic to discuss and get our mind off rumors for a min.....
I just started thinking about recruiting and Steve Alford and having an "IU guy"
While I am not on the Steve Alford bandwagon and not sure I ever will be, I agree with those who say we need to "lock up the state" or "put up a fence around the state" Can a non-IU coach accomplish this? Can Steve Alford accomplish this?

Just for craps and giggles let's look at what our team possibly could have looked like the past 9 years and going forward if we were able to "lock up the state" Below are the top few recruits according to ESPN as well as that years' Indiana Mr. Basketball  in bold. (please don't hold it against some of these guys that chose to play at PUke or pUKe)

2008 – Tyler Zeller, Miles Plumlee

2009 – Mason Plumlee, DJ Byrd, Jodan Hulls

2010 – Deshaun Thomas, Justin Martin

2011 – Marquis Teague, Cody Zeller, Branden Dawson, Marshall Plumlee

2012 – Gary Harris, Glenn Robinson, Yogi Ferrell, Mitch McGary, D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Kellen Dunham, AJ Hammons

2013 – Zak Irvin, Demetrius Jackson, VJ Beachem

2014 – Trey Lyles, James Blackmon, Jaquan Lyle, Trevon Bluiett, Bryant McIntosh

2015 – Caleb Swanigan, Jalen Coleman

2016 – Kyle Guy, Joey Brunk, CJ Walker

2017 – Kris Wilkes, Jaren Jackson, Paul Scruggs, Malik Williams

Take almost any combination of these recruits and imagine what kind of success we could have had.

*I am posting this in this forum because it is a popular forum and coaching decision is directly related to recruiting.

Been saying this for years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, 513HoosierJS said:

The ups and downs of this board are crazy. First everyone is certain we are getting Billy D and now the consensus is we have been turned down by all top candidates and have to "settle" on Mack. This is such a wild ride.

Dont forget the Crean is coming back scare