Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

24 minutes ago, tablegrapes said:

What possible motivation could Bill Self have to consider leaving KU for IU? Let's see: I think I'll leave a current (and all time) blue blood program, where I have become a very wealthy legend and easily win my overrated conference every year and always have a team capable of a deep tourney run, for a used-to-be blue blood. A program that is clearly currently a level down from where I am, plays in tougher conference, and has an even more demanding fan base than the one in Lawrence (which already loves me).

I'm all for thinking big, but some of this stuff is a bit loco ... :)

Oh, I dunno, how about a $3 million dollar a year raise?

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Oh, I dunno, how about a $3 million dollar a year raise?

The only reason he would even have a chat with Fred Glass would be as leverage to get a raise. Which is exactly what KU would do. So now we're back at that pesky little issue of KU being a notably better job at this time. I think (hope) the AD is more focused on reality than becoming a pawn in that game.

IU's next coach is... Chris Mack.

Now this is just a theory, but hear me out...

Pat Kelsey just had "a change of heart" and will no longer take the UMass job. I am guessing that Chris Mack (or someone close to Chris) told Kelsey he is going to be leaving Xavier and taking the IU job. Kelsey was an assistant coach at XU and is a Cincinnati native.

Again, totally just a theory. Now back to the regular programming of Alford, Donovan, Marshall, or Bennett.

IU's next coach is... Chris Mack.
Now this is just a theory, but hear me out...
Pat Kelsey just had "a change of heart" and will no longer take the UMass job. I am guessing that Chris Mack (or someone close to Chris) told Kelsey he is going to be leaving Xavier and taking the IU job. Kelsey was an assistant coach at XU and is a Cincinnati native.
Again, totally just a theory. Now back to the regular programming of Alford, Donovan, Marshall, or Bennett.

I would ask Hotzman first, over Mack that is.

I am going to post a topic to discuss and get our mind off rumors for a min.....

I just started thinking about recruiting and Steve Alford and having an "IU guy"

While I am not on the Steve Alford bandwagon and not sure I ever will be, I agree with those who say we need to "lock up the state" or "put up a fence around the state" Can a non-IU coach accomplish this? Can Steve Alford accomplish this?

Just for craps and giggles let's look at what our team possibly could have looked like the past 9 years and going forward if we were able to "lock up the state" Below are the top few recruits according to ESPN as well as that years' Indiana Mr. Basketball  in bold. (please don't hold it against some of these guys that chose to play at PUke or pUKe)

2008 – Tyler Zeller, Miles Plumlee

2009 – Mason Plumlee, DJ Byrd, Jodan Hulls

2010 – Deshaun Thomas, Justin Martin

2011 – Marquis Teague, Cody Zeller, Branden Dawson, Marshall Plumlee

2012 – Gary Harris, Glenn Robinson, Yogi Ferrell, Mitch McGary, D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Kellen Dunham, AJ Hammons

2013 – Zak Irvin, Demetrius Jackson, VJ Beachem

2014 – Trey Lyles, James Blackmon, Jaquan Lyle, Trevon Bluiett, Bryant McIntosh

2015 – Caleb Swanigan, Jalen Coleman

2016 – Kyle Guy, Joey Brunk, CJ Walker

2017 – Kris Wilkes, Jaren Jackson, Paul Scruggs, Malik Williams

Take almost any combination of these recruits and imagine what kind of success we could have had.

*I am posting this in this forum because it is a popular forum and coaching decision is directly related to recruiting.

BREAKING NEWS:

Glass has announced everyone he wanted has turned down the job so he is offering it to the first person on this message board with an IU degree to show up to his office. I'm out since I don't live in Bloomington so surely someone local will beat me there. Whoever lives in Bloomington and is on this board better hurry for the job of a lifetime.

LOL. Just kidding.

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

BREAKING NEWS:

Glass has announced everyone he wanted has turned down the job so he is offering it to the first person on this message board with an IU degree to show up to his office. I'm out since I don't live in Bloomington so surely someone local will beat me there. Whoever lives in Bloomington and is on this board better hurry for the job of a lifetime.

LOL. Just kidding.

Hmmm...Is a million dollars worth being universally loathed (being the unskilled coach that I am) by all of Hoosier Nation? Tough one.

I might as well submit my resume. I graduated from Indiana and I'm an AAU coach. 

He said he'll interview anyone that's from IU... ;)

There I can submit all our ideas of coaches during my "interview". 

I didn't go to IU for undergrad. Does being a graduate of the Indiana University School of Medicine count?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, iuswingman said:

I got the job...wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...  

Laterz.  gotta get my recruiting going.  yall got any sleeper recruits for me?

HSB (High School Bob) is looking to graduate from high school soon. He's a little older at the age of 24.