Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

3 transfers is awfully concerning.

Keep Bennett away.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He also said he has had one every single year. He is polar opposite of what we had give me something in the middle. I am not sure i can watch Wisconsin ball every night even if we are winning

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Puh-leeese. What would you expect a statement to say that would give you confidence? 

That statement is completely neutral as to very much of anything.

Paragraph 1: We wish them well.

Paragraph 2: We did right by them when they were here.

Paragraph 3: Our UVA staff tries to do things well.

2 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Him not releasing a statement is what would give me confidence that he is indeed a candidate. 

I.M.O. this is what I would expect ^^^

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

He also said he has had one every single year. He is polar opposite of what we had give me something in the middle. I am not sure i can watch Wisconsin ball every night even if we are winning

For real?

I raise you this:
2013–14 Tony Bennett 30–7 16–2 1st NCAA Sweet Sixteen
2014–15 Tony Bennett 30–4 16–2 1st NCAA Third Round
2015–16 Tony Bennett 29–8 13–5 2nd NCAA Elite Eight
2016–17 Tony Bennett 23–11 11–7 T–5th NCAA Tournament
That's 30 losses in the last four years (IU has had 53). And that's at a school with a limited budget and history, and UNC, UL, and Duke in their conference.  
That is big time.

But what about the deflections?

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

But what about the deflections?

LOL. When your team values the basketball on offense, screens for cutters, moves without the ball, and plays incredible positional and help defense, there aren't deflections by the coach...just lots of wins. Those are the deflections you were referring to, right?

15 minutes ago, IUHAHN82 said:

I know some of us don't like Bennetts offense but at least with him as a coach, we will actually get to witness basketball plays being ran.  We may not get out coached every game either.  I'm all for Billy but Bennett at IU doesn't hurt my feelings as I enjoy fundamental bball vs turnover after turnover.

It is still "outcoached" when your system does not defeat another system, or lack of a system. 

Well he nailed the Crean firing when the majority of people were saying Crean was coming back.

After flip flopping between 9 and 74 times. They had a 50/50 shot and some even got it wrong. I could've done that and gotten myself some totally fake credibility too. Woo.

Doesn't sound like he's going anywhere.

Hmmmm...Seems like something is happening... it's quiet...almost too quiet.

Sent from my XT1254 using BtownBanners mobile app

Check out the cbb thread. Sorta did him dirty

For those of us who get the blank posts when someone posts a link, can you share what it says

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

After flip flopping between 9 and 74 times. They had a 50/50 shot and some even got it wrong. I could've done that and gotten myself some totally fake credibility too. Woo.

To be fair Insider has never wavered on Crean being fired nor on Donovan. Is he full of ****? I personally believe he is, but at least he is consistent lol. 

Imo if there is any truth to Alford and iu having any interest at all no announcement will be made till ucla loses and they have a chance to talk. Even if glass knows he isnt going to hire him he will atleast talk just to make all party's happy. Just my guess

LOL. When your team values the basketball on offense, screens for cutters, moves without the ball, and plays incredible positional and help defense, there aren't deflections by the coach...just lots of wins. Those are the deflections you were referring to, right?

Never heard of such thing, that doesn't even sound like basketball!!