Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

37 still bad? I went down to haunted halls and barely made it do to that cluster. I told my wife i would not go back till that was fixed

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

If you enjoy one lane traffic, cops patrolling strictly, and delays then 37 is just fine

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, TrueHoosier62 said:

I got so tired of reading yesterday's breaking "reports", from so called insiders that I decided to do my own investigative research. I started with the premise that most of the insiders who claimed to know this person's mother, or that person's mistress, probably knew neither. It's conceivable they did, but not likely unless they were buying pleasure by the pound on a Friday night in Bloomington, but I digress. The point is, they probably knew no more or less than any of us.

With that in mind, I decided to consult the highest authority in the land, and the most accurate prognosticator known to man, the Ouija board. I climbed up into my attic to retrieve the dusty old thing, along with several pieces musty old IU sports books and memorabilia. I found the ancient Ouija board hidden behind six boxes of never used Christmas lights, two bags of clothes I haven't worn in thirty years and Jimmy Hoffa's corpse. I came back down and placed it in the middle of my bedroom, surrounded by cream and crimson candles, their wicks flickering in anticipation. I began various incantations that called upon the dark lords of the underworld and powers of evil to bestow upon me the gift of foresight and divination. Slowly, almost imperceptively, the planchette began to move, my fingertips barely making contact. At first, it took me to the letter "Z", and my mind raced throughout its diminishing grey matter to identify a young coach whose surname might begin with such a letter, but I could remember nothing. Knowing that this board was ancient and most likely in need of calibration, I smacked the ever lovin' dogsh¡t out of it and started again. This time, there was no mistake, its' movements were much smoother, more deliberate and sure, and in no time, I was staring at the letter "B". To say I was exited would have been an understatement. Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan, we were going to win no matter what! Quickly, my hands were then taken to the other end of the alphabet, and hovered most assuredly over the letter "R"! "Holy hookers of the underworld; we're going to get Brad Stevens”!!!! From there, my hands raced feverishly across the board, stopping here for one letter, there for another and all in the space of perhaps ten seconds, (or the length of time it took this year's squad to turn the ball over). I sat there, my hands finally at rest, my heart heaving in my chest, sweat pouring from my brow and my brain a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions.....and confusion. For there on the paper beside the Ouija board, was the name "Branch McCracken". Clearly, I need to get a new board.

Well done.

I know some of us don't like Bennetts offense but at least with him as a coach, we will actually get to witness basketball plays being ran.  We may not get out coached every game either.  I'm all for Billy but Bennett at IU doesn't hurt my feelings as I enjoy fundamental bball vs turnover after turnover.

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier said:

That statement in no way gives me any confidence in TB leaving UVA.  Cross that one of the list.

Puh-leeese. What would you expect a statement to say that would give you confidence? 

That statement is completely neutral as to very much of anything.

Paragraph 1: We wish them well.

Paragraph 2: We did right by them when they were here.

Paragraph 3: Our UVA staff tries to do things well.

29 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I bet whoever turns out to be coach their mailman will probably know before hand. A change of address will be put in and probably they will put their mail on hold before the move. When u control the mail u control information (Newman voice)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So, you're saying Karl Malone will know before the rest of us? *mind blown*

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Puh-leeese. What would you expect a statement to say that would give you confidence? 

That statement is completely neutral as to very much of anything... at all.

Him not releasing a statement is what would give me confidence that he is indeed a candidate. 

3 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Wont be Fife or Alford. Will be Donovan or someone in the Bennett- Marshall range or someone completely out of the blue like Bill Self.

What possible motivation could Bill Self have to consider leaving KU for IU? Let's see: I think I'll leave a current (and all time) blue blood program, where I have become a very wealthy legend and easily win my overrated conference every year and always have a team capable of a deep tourney run, for a used-to-be blue blood. A program that is clearly currently a level down from where I am, plays in tougher conference, and has an even more demanding fan base than the one in Lawrence (which already loves me).

I'm all for thinking big, but some of this stuff is a bit loco ... :)

At this point he coaching search is taking a back seat to which occupation has the most reputable scoop in Bloomington... so far we have:

Air traffic control

Dayton Security Guard

Chiropractor

Realtor

Tanning Salon assistant

Ladies of the evening (jersey chasers)

My guess is a priest will be next- Billy's wife stopped off for confession...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app