Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Okay time to see where everyone's head is at with this.

If the coach was announced tomorrow, who would you realistically think was getting brought in?

I know a lot will be Billy Donovan and right now I am going with Tony Bennett. The longer it takes and some candidates lose in the tourney this weekend may change my opinion.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

There are only 4 options i.m.o. if an announcement is made this week.  In no particular order:

1. Donovan
  2. Bennett
  3. A. Miller
  4. Marshall

With that said, my money would be on Bennett.  However, I'm still holding out hope for Donovan.

If the coach was announced tomorrow, who would you realistically think was getting brought in?

I know a lot will be Billy Donovan and right now I am going with Tony Bennett. The longer it takes and some candidates lose in the tourney this weekend may change my opinion.

Tomorrow i would guess archie miller or billy donovan. I cant wait to see the panic if Alford keeps winning and this search keeps going people will be going nuts lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Chris Collins or Archie Miller

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Just want to throw this name out
Mike rice jr not sure what he is doing these days but would be kind of like having the general back in a way i guess

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I believe he is coaching youth basketball now.  Strange how things work out...

6 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

All know is who ever we hire we will eventually talk each other into why he is better than who we wanted most.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

LOL.  True.

There's only two possible choices that would get near unanimous approval.  I think there might be one or two that might be a hard sell to some.  The other half dozen or so will get most of us on board.

I've watched the ILL boards for their last two searches and it was remarkable to see an out of left field selection immediately become a home run hire. (I also saw Kevin Wilson immediately annointed a 'home run' hire too).

7 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I suspect the consensus choice has been a different guy for the last 3 days (Donovan, Alford, Bennett).  It's a testament to how these things tend to go (and probably just how those conducting the search would prefer).  Based on the trend, tomorrow's choice du jour will probably be somebody I don't want, ha.

10 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

If we do indeed get either Donovan or Bennett, do you think we would definitely hear something by tomorrow or Friday? Or could it still be one of them and it not get announced until next week or later? Just wondering how much of a chance we have at hearing something before the weekend hits so I can tell my brain to stop going nuts...

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah doubt he can hold a grudge like Knight

No one can hold a grudge like Bob Knight:

Bob Knight: “I hope they’re all dead."
Dan Patrick: "Some of them are …"
Bob Knight: “Well, I hope the rest of them go.”

Just now, Cheaney40 said:

It's funny... Someone claims a plane carrying Billy D or his agents just touched down in Bloomington, everyone applauds and dreams of banner 6. Someone posts they know a girl sleeping with a couple guys on the team and she knows that Billy D has contacted players, we once again begin dreaming of banner 6.

When you read an article from a journalist who says "we've confirmed the search firm has reached out to several coaches to gauge the interest level" and all you hear is "Peegs is crap" "I don't believe a word"

I don't mind rumors, I enjoy them ... But sorry I'll believe a journalist claiming "confirmed" over some of these crazy rumors.

yea exactly

50 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

From Rabjohns :

Where the Indiana coaching search stands

2:09 PM 

So, where does Indiana’s coaching search stand right now in the actual process?

What is happening right now is the search firm that Indiana hired, Parker Executive Search, is in the process of reaching out to coaches to gauge the interest level of those coaches.

Wait... I thought the "executive search firm" was hired to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's ... Rabjohns is saying they are "reaching out to coaches to gauge the interest level of those coaches" in the Indiana job.

So, who's lying?

6 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

Home runs:
Stevens ( no chance)
Sean Miller ( no chance)
Donavon ( a glimmer of hope)
Self ( no chance)

Next tier:

Bennett
Archie
White

Next:
Collins
Jacobsen
Tonagel
Marshall

Hope not:

Alford

Jacobsen and Tonagel??  I assume that is a joke?