Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

12 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

if it were Marshall, don't you think it'd be done by now?  They've had 3 days to announce after his loss...

Yea, you're right. Forgot he got bounced. 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

You're right. There's nothing that SA can really do to change the narrative at this point. My problem with it is that defending a rapist, belittling those that disagreed with him, and trying to intimidate the victim, are not examples of poor decision making that can be learned from. They are examples of narcissism. They are examples of a man with a hole in his soul.

I agree. But that's the bargain it seems plenty are willing to make. New Mexico made it, UCLA made it. I hope IU won't. Frankly, even if the Pierce thing had never happened he's just proven himself to be a mediocre coach. Not bad, not really good, but good enough to stay in the biz. Settling for that, plus the baggage, would be extremely disappointing.

Guys --- I don't mean to worry you but .... well i was looking at the Bloomington airport scheduled departures and (don't shoot the messenger here but ...) well there's a flight headed to Houston today .... that's it ... Kelvin Sampson is the next IUBB coach .... that's a bit surprising  .... 

Such a bad idea... It just might work!

Yeah, ******* right!

Billy Donovan doesn't like recruiting from what I understand. Would it be be unheard of for a head coach to not recruit, or do very little of it, and let his assistants take care of that? Obviously he would have some input as into who he wants.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, IUsafety said:

Billy Donovan doesn't like recruiting from what I understand. Would it be be unheard of for a head coach to not recruit, or do very little of it, and let his assistants take care of that? Obviously he would have some input as into who he wants.

I believe RMK started doing this in his last few years at IU and the talent level dropped fairly drastically in the program IMO.  The head coach needs to get out there.

1 minute ago, Travis Scott said:

I believe RMK started doing this in his last few years at IU and the talent level dropped fairly drastically in the program IMO.  The head coach needs to get out there.

Didn't he start recruiting again though when he realized it didn't work? As in he was out recruiting that group that made the FF. Or am I completely remembering a false story?

7 minutes ago, tablegrapes said:

I agree. But that's the bargain it seems plenty are willing to make. New Mexico made it, UCLA made it. I hope IU won't. Frankly, even if the Pierce thing had never happened he's just proven himself to be a mediocre coach. Not bad, not really good, but good enough to stay in the biz. Settling for that, plus the baggage, would be extremely disappointing.

You're right, and I've never understood those schools, particularly UCLA, compromising themselves for a B- coach. If you're gonna make a deal with the devil, the payoff better be a sure thing. When West Virginia brought in Huggie and his baggage, at least they brought in a legitimately great Coach. Payoff was obvious. Alford? Not even close.

22 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

Today's Coaching Hot Board (listed in order of probability) according to Peegs .. basically Chris Collins moved up and Donovan fell 3 spots ..... Why is Mike Woodson even on this list?????

1) Steve Alford
2) Tony Bennett
3) Chris Collins
4) Chris Mack
5) Archie Miller
6) Billy Donovan
7) Sean Miller
8) Bryce Drew
9) Chris Holtman
10) Dane Fife
11) Mike Woodson (WTF?)
12) Greg Marshall
13) Mike White

They have no idea what IU is doing, can't believe people actually believe that board crap.

I'm not discounting a coach that was already knocked out of the NCAA tournament (Miller, Marshall, Collins, etc). I know it was a different AD, but Crean was knocked out of the tournament on March 22nd and wasn't hired at IU until April 1st.

That's because all the ones we really wanted turned us down in the previous weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

They have no idea what IU is doing, can't believe people actually believe that board crap.

Has Sean Miller, in any way/shape/form, ever said or done anything that would indicate he should even be on any IU list? Maybe I missed the part where he let it be known that he would love to leave the gig he has and potentially steal a marquee job and 4 mil a year from his own brother. 

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/03/22/coaching-search-profile-mike-white/

For those who wanna know more about Mike White. Seemed to do alright before Florida too. Top 35 defense there as well. This guy is a rising star. I have also been seeing Chris Mack on A LOT of list as well lately on twitter. I feel like we have our guy and he is either still in the tourney or possibly NBA. We will see soon enough.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Watched him on SVP last night. I like his demeanor.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, tablegrapes said:

Has Sean Miller, in any way/shape/form, ever said or done anything that would indicate he should even be on any IU list? Maybe I missed the part where he let it be known that he would love to leave the gig he has and potentially steal a marquee job and 4 mil a year from his own brother. 

Not to my memory. I'm pretty sure Peegs just makes crap up every morning. I mean they are running sale specials right now. Smart idea when you're selling BS.

Peegs has lost their touch. Hardly first to report anything.

I am against Alford for these same reasons . But, it was many years ago, ge has had time to reflect, it is possible he has learned that he was wrong, and does regret his actions. That vveing said, please discard Alford , if just because of his coaching record. It is a lateral move.

3 hours ago, theriverpilot said:

SMH.  Who does this?  Just keep your mouth shut and keep a damn secret.  Why say "it's dead" then come back later and say "I lied to just calm everyone down."  Lol. Oh boy

He and that Mile guy have both done this sort of junk. 

51 minutes ago, IUsafety said:

I think Snow said that.  If he hated recruiting that much he could've stayed with the Magic too though.