Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

You wanna know who is coming?  Watch for the guy that gets most defense when asked about it.  Majority of the human race will get a bit testy when trying to cover something up.  Especially as the time nears.  My opinion.

1 minute ago, Dizz said:

Message boards and most national media has no significant impact on any type of deals.

If a coach we offer wants to be here, and be paid the offered amount, it will happen.  He doesn't care what some fans say online.

True. To think otherwise simply points out the inflated self importance some of these anonymous message board gurus get off on during these tumultuous times. Gives people a rush of pretend power.

1 hour ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

The only 3 guys that play on the team this year that average more than 10 mpg is once again Devin Robinson, Chris Chiozza and Kasey Hill. 3 not 4. The 2 kids you mention didn't wait around for the new coach and say hey I will give him a shot. They decomitted and looked around. Mike White got them back. You just said it took convincing to come back but that doesn't matter lol? That is what you have to regardless with ANY kid. Yes a relationship between the kid and the school were established. So were other schools that missed on the recruitment the first time around. Like I said if we get Clifton Moore back he wont be a Tom Crean recruit to me. He will be a whoever gets the job recruit. Plain and simple. Can't believe I have wasted this much time arguing this so far already. His numbers speak for themselves at both jobs.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

They aren't his guys if Donovan already IDed and recruited them. We literally have watched mike Davis walk in and have success a couple years after a legend. You can pretend these facts don't exist but right now White is still benefiting from his predecessor. 

6 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Can't sleep so I did some digging into Donovan. Not sure if this has been mentioned but at one point he was represented by CSE Talent based in Atlanta Georgia. Our Search firm is based in Atlanta Georgia. planes keep going into Bloomington from Atlanta Georgia. 

I thought this would get more of a reaction. Was this known already?

Common sense says it likely going to be Bennett or Alford. My guess is the major donors want Alford. Not sure IU has the ability to pull in a home run hire like a Billy Donovan. Hope I'm wrong. I said when Crean was fired (which I agreed with) that we would have a hard time bringing in someone that is head and shoulders above him. The list of potential replacements is really underwhelming. We missed the boat on Stevens years ago and that is coming back to haunt us. Personally, I cannot stand the style of basketball that Bennett's teams play. It's unwatchable for me. Just personal preference. Ready for football season...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Message boards and most national media has no significant impact on any type of deals.
If a coach we offer wants to be here, and be paid the offered amount, it will happen.  He doesn't care what some fans say online.

I was just trolling the guys on 247. Just joking around

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Talk can absolutely get loud enough that people pull out of negotiations.  Everyone has said Donovan wants to finish the season with the Thunder.  He doesn't want a circus following the rest of the season because of him.  If IU proves they can't keep ahold of leaks well enough to provide that from happening and this starts blowing up in his face, saying nevermind isn't that crazy.

Let's not forget he backed out from Orlando, not because of leaks just saying it can happen and even further in the process.

1 minute ago, biteoftheapple said:

Why does it need a reaction? Anyone that has google can find this, I did, and I didnt feel a need to pist on the board.

Because it's an interesting tidbit. So is Donovan still with CSE I couldn't find ithat out?

2 minutes ago, Sknits nad said:

Talk can absolutely get loud enough that people pull out of negotiations.  Everyone has said Donovan wants to finish the season with the Thunder.  He doesn't want a circus following the rest of the season because of him.  If IU proves they can't keep ahold of leaks well enough to provide that from happening and this starts blowing up in his face, saying nevermind isn't that crazy.

Let's not forget he backed out from Orlando, not because of leaks just saying it can happen and even further in the process.

Do we really want a theoretical coach so wimpy and uncommitted that he would let the reality of internet chatter scare him off? Lol. Hell no. The next coach better want this job a lot more than that, or he's the wrong dude and will never survive in Btown anyway.

8 minutes ago, tablegrapes said:

Do we really want a theoretical coach so wimpy and uncommitted that he would let the reality of internet chatter scare him off? Lol. Hell no. The next coach better want this job a lot more than that, or he's the wrong dude and will never survive in Btown anyway.

This is a fun thought, but it's not like he is unemployed.  He has a good job making 6 mill and his intent is to not bail on the Thunder mid season.  If he can't do that without destroying their season with a media circus then what is the point.

I agree, if he really wants to coach at IU it is just noise but let's not act like leaks haven't screwed up deals before.

3 minutes ago, Sknits nad said:

This is a fun thought, but it's not like he is unemployed.  He has a good job making 6 mill and his intent is to not bail on the Thunder mid season.  If he can't do that without destroying their season with a media circus then what is the point.

I agree, if he really wants to coach at IU it is just noise but let's not act like leaks haven't screwed up deals before.

It's 2017. Message boards, Twitter, Instagram ... it's everywhere. The White House can't control leaks -- how is a university administration supposed to? Any coach who doesn't understand that this is the new reality, and deal with it accordingly, isn't being rational. Billy Donovan coaches grown up men in a grown up game that is strictly business. Those guys don't give a crap who is coaching them -- they're just cashing huge checks. Nothing that leaks or doesn't leak is going to change their inevitable fate in the playoffs one bit.

They aren't his guys if Donovan already IDed and recruited them. We literally have watched mike Davis walk in and have success a couple years after a legend. You can pretend these facts don't exist but right now White is still benefiting from his predecessor. 

I acknowledged that Robinson and Hill were starters and good players. Chiozza is a good guard off the bench. Allen is a really good player and Stone barely plays and redshirted last year. He recruited Allen at LTU. Yes Billy ID'd them but you arent giving Mike any credit for getting them back when they were both open for awhile. You act like they had to come back to Florida. They werent five star kids either and regardless Billy never coached them a single day so them developing even the guys BD did give him werent that great in their time w them. Development is one of the biggest factors in programs being good just dont get how you think Mike White had nothing to do with it? I could use a bunch of examples but I really am kinda annoyed by this already as I am sure everyone on here is as well.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, tablegrapes said:

It's 2017. Message boards, Twitter, Instagram ... it's everywhere. The White House can't control leaks -- how is a university administration supposed to? Any coach who doesn't understand that this is the new reality, and deal with it accordingly, isn't being rational. Billy Donovan coaches grown up men in a grown up game that is strictly business. Those guys don't give a crap who is coaching them -- they're just cashing huge checks. Nothing that leaks or doesn't leak is going to change their inevitable fate in the playoffs one bit.

They were able to control leaks about Crean getting fired...

True they are destined to be squashed by the spurs or warriors.

All I am saying is leaks never help anything (besides our sanity).  If Donovan wants to be here they will be a non factor, if he is waffling then who knows.

5 minutes ago, Sknits nad said:

They were able to control leaks about Crean getting fired...

True they are destined to be squashed by the spurs or warriors.

All I am saying is leaks never help anything (besides our sanity).  If Donovan wants to be here they will be a non factor, if he is waffling then who knows.

Still disagree that even leaks have any impact.  All he has to say is "I have no idea where that rumor came from and I will no longer address it."

But if a coach is "waffling" about whether to come to Indiana or not, he shouldn't come.

2 minutes ago, Dizz said:

Still disagree that even leaks have any impact.  All he has to say is "I have no idea where that rumor came from and I will no longer address it."

But if a coach is "waffling" about whether to come to Indiana or not, he shouldn't come.

I could not agree with both statements more.  Well said.