Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

1 hour ago, Prilla the Thrilla said:

Just got some awesome information from another student surrounding Billy D. And this is a unique source, but one that I think really could mean a lot. Here's the scoop:

My buddy is close with an IU student that has "relations" with a player or two on the team. This student said that according to a player that will remain nameless, Donovan has communicated with players today (not sure if the whole team or not, and not sure if he communicated with them in Bloomington or not), but there has been communication between BD and members of the team. This player also said it has been made pretty clear that all of the guys want Donovan, and that his hiring would prevent a lot of transfers. 

Obviously a different source, but I think it's honestly more credible than these "insiders" with random twitter accounts

No way. Not saying that isn't what you were told buuuuttt.... We'll go through this in the morning.

IUwins0708
"The gag order part from Mile came from me. We all need to chill with tweeting the basketball minds such as Dakich and others and let this play out. The leaks I'm told aren't helping out our cause. Dream is dead post was to calm some of the noise, or at least try to. Wasnt trying to misguide anyone, was just trying to settle everyone down and maybe slow the burning fire. Dream is far from dead, I just don't want the noise to ruin a great opportunity for IU basketball. Yes I do understand I was part of causing the noise and that's why I was trying to calm it down myself. Some of you posters are pretty sharp and figured it out in less than an hour, nice work! Go Hoosiers!"

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Way to cherry pick by adding the 11. Of their 8 rotation players to get more than 500 minutes 4 were already there before he was hired and 2 had already committed and just needed convinced to stay after opening up their commitments. 
So pardon me for not being convinced he can build a roster on his own yet. 

Lol is it not true!!?? Sorry man!! That whole roster is basically his in YEAR 2!! Crean barely even had that many of his own guys the 2nd year and we all know the situation. Kasey Hill and Devin Robinson are both key parts but UF did go 8-9 deep during the season before Ebgunu went down even. If you wanna act like this is such a big deal then go for it, but something tells me you tried saying most were BD kids and I proved that wasn't the case so now your just going with whatever you can. I made that reference just for you BTW. The 8 of 11 one just to show how many were Mike White kids. Oh yeah how did Kasey Hill and Devin Robinson as well as Chiozza do with Billy D? 16-17 right? Mike White has just as much part in developing those 3 as BD. I don't think Illinois cared Underwood just coached a whole roster that wasn't his. LSU sure didnt with Will Wade either. Not all of Cal's team was Cuonzo Martin's so why would Mizzou hire him!!?? Your argument is pointless. If UF won a title or made it far the year before BD left and maybe 5 or 6 guys that were in the rotation were BD guys I would somewhat agree with ya. Probably not still but maybe. Point is it is 3 guys and they went 16-17 the year before.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

The only 3 guys that play on the team this year that average more than 10 mpg is once again Devin Robinson, Chris Chiozza and Kasey Hill. 3 not 4. The 2 kids you mention didn't wait around for the new coach and say hey I will give him a shot. They decomitted and looked around. Mike White got them back. You just said it took convincing to come back but that doesn't matter lol? That is what you have to regardless with ANY kid. Yes a relationship between the kid and the school were established. So were other schools that missed on the recruitment the first time around. Like I said if we get Clifton Moore back he wont be a Tom Crean recruit to me. He will be a whoever gets the job recruit. Plain and simple. Can't believe I have wasted this much time arguing this so far already. His numbers speak for themselves at both jobs.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just got some awesome information from another student surrounding Billy D. And this is a unique source, but one that I think really could mean a lot. Here's the scoop:
My buddy is close with an IU student that has "relations" with a player or two on the team. This student said that according to a player that will remain nameless, Donovan has communicated with players today (not sure if the whole team or not, and not sure if he communicated with them in Bloomington or not), but there has been communication between BD and members of the team. This player also said it has been made pretty clear that all of the guys want Donovan, and that his hiring would prevent a lot of transfers. 
Obviously a different source, but I think it's honestly more credible than these "insiders" with random twitter accounts

Damn, didn't know MSB was actually a BTB poster.

You should let BTB livestream your draft decision.

I would like to be the first to say a message board will have no impact on our next coach lol. These "sources" and their self importance is getting funny. Mainly due to the crazy **** being posted. All of the sudden everyone has sources except every person I have ever believed on here and elsewhere before. I do think Mile is getting caught up in all of the info he is getting and not using common sense to eliminate the the noise. I will add if it smells like ****, it is probably ****.

This! Double check plus