Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

It seems what Bossi said was similar to what others have said which is essentially... contact with people who "know" or are "familiar" with Donovan who would be shocked if he came back to college in any capacity.

I haven't seen the quote but that is clearly wry different than Billy Donovan telling Bossi - I have no interest in Indiana or any other college job.

Link to his comments are welcome I'm a rivals member can't find them

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Prilla the Thrilla said:

Just got some awesome information from another student surrounding Billy D. And this is a unique source, but one that I think really could mean a lot. Here's the scoop:

My buddy is close with an IU student that has "relations" with a player or two on the team. This student said that according to a player that will remain nameless, Donovan has communicated with players today (not sure if the whole team or not, and not sure if he communicated with them in Bloomington or not), but there has been communication between BD and members of the team. This player also said it has been made pretty clear that all of the guys want Donovan, and that his hiring would prevent a lot of transfers. 

Obviously a different source, but I think it's honestly more credible than these "insiders" with random twitter accounts

I think I know who this source you're talking about is lol 

That's a valid question. And I didn't really follow much until recently obviously. I will note that Donovan's last year there (14-15) they finished 16-17 and 8-10 in SEC.

See my post 8 of the 11 top scorers came AFTER Mike White was hired. 2 of them were committed to BD but decommitted when he left. MW brought them back against a strong push from Arkansas for Allen. Florida is my brothers favorite team so I have watched them for years and are kinda my second favorite program. I want to take White from him to piss him off hahaha. Probably makes sense why I have mentioned him for awhile now. I watch quite a few games.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, Prilla the Thrilla said:

Just got some awesome information from another student surrounding Billy D. And this is a unique source, but one that I think really could mean a lot. Here's the scoop:

My buddy is close with an IU student that has "relations" with a player or two on the team. This student said that according to a player that will remain nameless, Donovan has communicated with players today (not sure if the whole team or not, and not sure if he communicated with them in Bloomington or not), but there has been communication between BD and members of the team. This player also said it has been made pretty clear that all of the guys want Donovan, and that his hiring would prevent a lot of transfers. 

Obviously a different source, but I think it's honestly more credible than these "insiders" with random twitter accounts

No better source than "pillow talk"! This is exactly what we need. I'm sure there are girls out there who know more about the situation than all of the "insiders" combined. They just don't care enough to say anything.

Sorry Treesh but something isn't adding up. Multiple insiders, who have a history of being well sourced, confirm that there have been multiple meetings between IU and Donovan (his camp). If he has absolutely zero interest in coaching college again, then why would you entertain back channel feelers, let alone allow the school to waste energy and resources on furthering negotiations. Sorry I'm just trying to deduce this down to where it makes sense. As far as I see it, there are two possibilities with these rumors. 

1.) multiple sources, who have been right multiple times in the past, have all of a sudden gotten identical yet bad info.

2.) Treesh's source isn't really a source and national media is being fed typical coach speak.

I honestly think Billy Donovan will be the next coach. I believe all this craziness is just a ploy to misdirect everyone from knowing the truth. Way too much smoke to not have fire.

As far as I see it, we have 2 real options, based off of what info we've been given. 1.) Donovan 2.) Alford (dear god NOOOO!!!!)

Don't shoot the messenger! I trust this source as the source is connected to Donovan.. perhaps was on the coaching staff at one point (not my source, but my sources source but you get what I mean )

EDIT: Again, I was told this morning that Billy has no interest in returning to college, he"loves" the NB.A.

I hope it's Billy, but I'm starting to plan for my next college team to root for. I'm think MSU, assuming Alford comes here.

4 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Is this young lady an upstanding citizen or a known liar? Lol

Not a clue, I just follow her on Instagram haha. If it's who I'm thinking of I can see why the players would be interested in making her acquaintance

It seems what Bossi said was similar to what others have said which is essentially... contact with people who "know" or are "familiar" with Donovan who would be shocked if he came back to college in any capacity.

I haven't seen the quote but that is clearly wry different than Billy Donovan telling Bossi - I have no interest in Indiana or any other college job.

Link to his comments are welcome I'm a rivals member can't find them

To clarify ... what Bossi said was in a rivals site which just reinforced what was said earlier that NBA sources and people familiar with him are saying he has no interest in coming back to college. This was definitely not from the Horses mouth....nothing new here... on we go

1 hour ago, hoosierpap said:

I've never known Treesh to have a source but I'll say this. I posted the same thing earlier today because that is what I've heard for nearly a week. Then someone posted a national guy came out sourced saying the same thing. Could that all be a smokescreen, sure. But I'd take what I'm hearing over some random internet guys. Admittedly, I never go to 24/7, as a rule, and only remember one of those guys- and to my knowledge- he was the most wishy-washy, cryptic "insider" I've seen. The other guys I assume are new.

I've been quiet on this subject on the main board because I haven't heard a whole lot on Billy Donovan other than he isn't looking to come back to college. But did hear that there is a push for him among boosters and even some on the BoT. To me, that was pretty much a given. So didn't really feel like I had a lot to add, and what I did was not positive stuff.

I will say this, as of the past day or so...I do think a lot of this talk is coming from one booster, in particular. I'm not going to put his name on here but if you need it, you can PM me. Anyways, this fellow has been making some noise about Billy Donovan in town. Unfortunately for us all, I don't think he carries enough weight. 

Now again, this booster could be right. I could be caught in the smokescreen and the "he's happy where he's at" PC stuff. I just don't think I am at this point. Cross your fingers this guy is on the money, because I have a good feeling that's the origin of this information. 

Thanks for the share. I've read these boards for a long time, mostly the recruiting threads before I stumbled on the FTC thread.  You've always seemed to post what was relevant and worthwhile. I can't say the same for 247 boards and am inclined to believe what you're  posting.

I appreciate the insight and perspective to the situation laid out and hope that there is legitimate interest from the Donovan camp. 

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Don't shoot the messenger! I trust this source as the source is connected to Donovan.. perhaps was on the coaching staff at one point (not the source but you get what I mean emoji102.png)

I hope it's Billy, but I'm starting to plan for my next college team to root for. I'm think MSU, assuming Alford comes here.

Posted this same fear on a few hours ago. Fear no more, brothers.

Don't shoot the messenger! I trust this source as the source is connected to Donovan.. perhaps was on the coaching staff at one point (not my source, but my sources source but you get what I mean )

EDIT: Again, I was told this morning that Billy has no interest in returning to college, he"loves" the NB.A.

I didn't mean it to come across as angry with you at all. Believe me, if I had someone I believed to be a legit source, I'd share the same info. I'm just trying to ingest everything we've been given and make my own logical deductions.