Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Were probably going with CSA here very soon. That means Coach Steve Alford. I dont want to believe it but since Billy is out it is SA or TB by looks of it from IU media guys. I am praying Bennett picks up some momentum with Glass though. I would be thrilled with Mike White but see him no where on list sides Albers.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

That's a valid question. And I didn't really follow much until recently obviously. I will note that Donovan's last year there (14-15) they finished 16-17 and 8-10 in SEC.

The Fresh and Sophs on that team are now the Junior and Seniors leading this team. 

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Sorry Treesh but something isn't adding up. Multiple insiders, who have a history of being well sourced, confirm that there have been multiple meetings between IU and Donovan (his camp). If he has absolutely zero interest in coaching college again, then why would you entertain back channel feelers, let alone allow the school to waste energy and resources on furthering negotiations. Sorry I'm just trying to deduce this down to where it makes sense. As far as I see it, there are two possibilities with these rumors.

1.) multiple sources, who have been right multiple times in the past, have all of a sudden gotten identical yet bad info.

2.) Treesh's source isn't really a source and national media is being fed typical coach speak.

I honestly think Billy Donovan will be the next coach. I believe all this craziness is just a ploy to misdirect everyone from knowing the truth. Way too much smoke to be fire.

As far as I see it, we have 2 real options, based off of what info we've been given. 1.) Donovan 2.) Alford (dear god NOOOO!!!!)

Great minds think alike

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

Sorry Treesh but something isn't adding up. Multiple insiders, who have a history of being well sourced, confirm that there have been multiple meetings between IU and Donovan (his camp). If he has absolutely zero interest in coaching college again, then why would you entertain back channel feelers, let alone allow the school to waste energy and resources on furthering negotiations. Sorry I'm just trying to deduce this down to where it makes sense. As far as I see it, there are two possibilities with these rumors.

1.) multiple sources, who have been right multiple times in the past, have all of a sudden gotten identical yet bad info.

2.) Treesh's source isn't really a source and national media is being fed typical coach speak.

I honestly think Billy Donovan will be the next coach. I believe all this craziness is just a ploy to misdirect everyone from knowing the truth. Way too much smoke to be fire.

As far as I see it, we have 2 real options, based off of what info we've been given. 1.) Donovan 2.) Alford (dear god NOOOO!!!!)

Would be excited about either one of those hires (I know I'm in the minority), but I sure as hell hope it is Donovan. Marshall would be good too I think if that somehow happened. Everyone else would frankly piss me off.

2 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Yeah everybody got fed incorrect info right before the firing. Could be we are seeing that again. 

Thurs would be a good day to announce. Give thunder a few days to respond. 

26 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Im starting an online chant for Fred Glass.

Mike White.....Mikkkkke White.....Mikeeeeee Whhhhite......Mike White.....Give me Mikeeeee White!!

After Stevens and Donovan, I'm fully aboard the Mike White bandwagon. Everything I've heard about him is that many expect him to be one of the next coaching stars, he's got good defensive teams, and I love his sideline demeanor. I hate to throw this out there, but I feel like he's got that Brad Stevens cool, calm and confidence in him. 

The Fresh and Sophs on that team are now the Junior and Seniors leading this team. 

Sorry man but those same kids didnt finish .500 and Hill looked horrible under BD. 8 of their players are Mike White kids. Hayes, Ebgunu, Leon, Barry, Allen, Stone & Gak have all been big parts in their success. D Rob and Chiozza are the only true impact guys he has from BD's time. Hill has been good leadership wise.

Sorry man but those same kids didnt finish .500 and Hill looked horrible under BD. 8 of their players are Mike White kids. Hayes, Ebgunu, Leon, Barry, Allen, Stone & Gak have all been big parts in their success. D Rob and Chiozza are the only true impact guys he has from BD's time. Hill has been good leadership wise.

3 of the 5 top scorers White brought onboard.

3 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

A lot of those guys were on BDs team. Thus his guys

A lot of those guys were on BDs team. Thus his guys

No they werent lol. I promise you they weren't. Allen recruit, Leon juco, ebgunu transfer, barry grad transfer, Hayes recruit, Gak recruit, Stone recruit, Eric Hester recruit. All came after Mike White was announced. Kasey Hill, Devin Robinson and Chris Chiozza were pretty much it that is left from Billy D.

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

No they werent lol. I promise you they weren't. Allen recruit, Leon juco, ebgunu transfer, barry grad transfer, Hayes recruit, Gak recruit, Stone recruit, Eric Hester recruit. All came after Mike White was announced. Kasey Hill, Devin Robinson and Chris Chiozza were pretty much it that is left from Billy D.

So the core of the upper class leadership and the sophomores he recruited. That's nothing at all.