Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

8 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Not funny. This is the most important hire IU will make. It has to be a grand f@ckin slam. With all that said, I still think Donovan will be the coach. Smokescreens are being very much applied here

I figured something would happen in response to whoever it was that tweeted out salary figures yesterday (and indirectly got CC involved in the dialog).  I say we all move on from BD and focus on realistic candidates (wink, wink).

10 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I should do my own research. But anyone that isn't busy, can you look up defensive rankings for guys like Mack, Marshall, Miller. We've seen Alford and Altman.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Last 6 years Kenpom AdjD( 2017- 2012):

Mack- 65, 22, 57, 76, 62, 49

Marshall- 13, 1, 15, 11, 20, 26

Miller- 41, 15, 31, 72, 145, 158

Cronin- 16, 16, 16, 9, 15 , 24

2 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I figured something would happen in response to whoever it was that tweeted out salary figures yesterday (and indirectly got CC involved in the dialog).  I say we all move on from BD and focus on realistic candidates (wink, wink).

PUMPFAKE

25 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I would not be disappointed with Archie one bit. But I swear to God if Glass low balled Donovan, that's f@ckin bullish!t. You give that motherf@cker what he wants. IU NEEDS Donovan a hell of a lot more than the other way around

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Glass low-balled him. You want to get your coach at the cheapest price possible. He's not going to walk in and offer Donovan $10 million a year at the beginning of negotiations. If Glass refuses to go higher though, then that's not good.  

DeCourcy's article hits it on the head for why we DON'T NEED Alford.  The last couple paragraphs

Since 1980, 37 NCAA championships have been decided; only five were won by coaches working at their alma maters. Which means 86.5 percent of championship coaches arrived with little or no connection to the college hiring them.

It would be an entirely different college basketball world if John Calipari were the coach at Clarion, Mike Krzyzewski were coaching Army and Beilein worked his offensive magic at Wheeling College. This is rather an absurd scenario, of course, but that is the logical extension of hiring a head basketball coach primarily because of where he attended college.

But Wheeling would have a hell of a team.

5 minutes ago, ViaSwiss said:

What happened then?

What? lol, so because a guy on another site posted a comment, their first on that site, that means it is true? Cool. Nothing happened that changed anything

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier said:

I'm convinced everything that transpired this morning was an effort to quiet the "rumors" that are floating regarding BD.

Be patient friends.  Where there is smoke...

idk if i buy that. however, moderator at 247 said he knows for a fact that is happening

1 minute ago, hoosierpap said:

He isn't interested in coming back to college and is currently still coaching a playoff team

The noise wouldn't have gotten this loud if true. Also, he would've said that when asked about returning to college. 

7 minutes ago, ViaSwiss said:

idk if i buy that. however, moderator at 247 said he knows for a fact that is happening

I refuse to believe that Glass is hitching his wagon to Alford and this makes sense if you consider how everything went down this morning.

7 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

He isn't interested in coming back to college and is currently still coaching a playoff team

I think this plays a large role in what we are now hearing.  I.M.O. BD is trying to keep his team united and make a postseason run (as any coach would be doing).  He is still under contract with OKC and would not anything disrupting the locker room currently.

Maybe I'm over-optimistic, but I'd rather be that then trying to justify the alternative.

Edited by NCHoosier

2 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

The noise wouldn't have gotten this loud if true. Also, he would've said that when asked about returning to college. 

There's also a lot of noise that suggests that he's happy where he is.