Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I am just trying to figure out how people think Alford would be a different coach at IU than elsewhere. Doesn't make sense to me. 

Not campaigning for Alford, but he had 3 star level players at iowa and NM. I'd only judge him on UCLA last 4 years which is 3 sweet 16s, and one terrible year.

Alford runs a low turnover offense, that is best in ncaab this year. Much different than the Crean run and chuck high turnover offense.

He would recruit the state MUCH better than crean.

Biggest knock on Alford is lack of defense imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, ViaSwiss said:

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 12.56.41 PM.png

fwiw, ViaSwiss may be correct. Or a poster at 247 is copying him. A new poster there just posted this...

"True, very connected sources tell me IU lowballed BD. Been lurking on this site and didn't want to get shouted down with all of Donovan love so now was a good time to sign in. I've been told by very connected people that the coaching search is a mess. That's why the outside firm was hired. Alford is the only name coach interested and we may not have enough money to pay him. Fred Glass about to put the final nail in Indiana bballs coffin. "

fwiw, ViaSwiss may be correct. Or a poster at 247 is copying him. A new poster there just posted this...

"True, very connected sources tell me IU lowballed BD. Been lurking on this site and didn't want to get shouted down with all of Donovan love so now was a good time to sign in. I've been told by very connected people that the coaching search is a mess. That's why the outside firm was hired. Alford is the only name coach interested and we may not have enough money to pay him. Fred Glass about to put the final nail in Indiana bballs coffin. "

Alford only makes 2.5 million. This can't be true. Low ball? What 6 million isn't enough for Mike white, Bennett?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, ViaSwiss said:

I don't believe this -- FG knows he MUST hit a homerun here.  A seasoned lawyer and negotiator would NEVER expect someone like BD to take a paycut to come here (nonetheless offer something below what's already being paid at another job). That'd just be dumb.

I call BS on that.

Omg this was horribly posted. To say Alford is the one interested c'mon!! We know Alford, Marshall, Archie, Bennett at least. Chris Mack, Dane Fife, Mick Cronin and possibly Frank Martin if DD is right. Even that is enough to make IU a decent search.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Frank Martin

1. Age (50+)
2. Success not much (over all 63% w-l; at South Carolina that drops to 56%).
3. Only one Elite 8 finish, multiple Round of 32 loses. Multiple NO tournament appearances.
4. Admitted to paying former HS players
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/03/kansas-state-frank-martin-paying-his-players-in-college/1

4 minutes ago, ViaSwiss said:

That guy seems like an obvious troll.  First post on that site.  User name of "General's Revenge".  Probably Twin Degrees/Ducati or some other disgruntled BK zealot.

On top of that I think Mike White will end up being a serious candidate if this last longer than he is in the tourney. Great defense and Billy D vouched for him to take over for him. Since I know we talked to Billy D and if he did say no he would mention White again. Only way he doesnt is to protect UF. Im sorry but Alford is the only choice is stupid.

6 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

1. Age (50+)
2. Success not much (over all 63% w-l; at South Carolina that drops to 56%).
3. Only one Elite 8 finish, multiple Round of 32 loses. Multiple NO tournament appearances.
4. Admitted to paying former HS players
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/03/kansas-state-frank-martin-paying-his-players-in-college/1

Better. Than. Alford.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Better. Than. Alford.

I am on record multiple times of being against even talking to Alford.

And does the part about paying kids NOT bother you?

26 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Kyle Guy sure seems to like it. And their top 10 class last year. Also brought in former 5 star Austin Nichols as a transfer. Obviously he got the boot but kids are warming up to him. Winning changes everything.

I like Guy and would certainly take him on my team, to me he's talented, but not highly talented. Has Bennet been to the Final Four? I would prefer Donovan.

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

I just got into a drawn out debate with Kent Sterling, as to why I think Fife would be the wrong hire. I didn't agree with him, and provided valid arguments, so naturally I'm a "loud uninformed clown." Funny that's coming from someone in the media.

I used to be a hard core peegster back when they were on rivals and Kent Sterling used to always post there.  Can't remember his username...it was "penny"-something-or-other.  Anyway, he was always pimping his idiotic blog and was generally ignored by the other posters.  Until the past couple of months, I hadn't frequented IU board so I'm not sure what happened, but somehow Kent Sterling has a radio show.  How the heck does that happen?  Never was a fan of the guy.  People get on Dakich for trolling, but Sterling is 10 times worse IMO.