Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

With Pierce in the same room! 

If you guys remember correctly when he was introduced at NM he was asked about Pierce and the whole situation. Alfords response was after he left the program he wasnt my responsibility anymore. I know he dont need to babysit guys after but to go from calling the DA's office to get him to play ball again to bashing him as soon as he couldnt is the most telling part about him as a man. NO THANKS

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

26 minutes ago, seihoosier said:

Name a former alum who was a college all american or stud for his college team that returned to their alma mater and wasn't fire in 5 years?   Roy W only played on the UNC JV team.  Alford will not succeed.  I'll gladly eat crow if he's hired and does extremely well.  Just don't see it happening. 

Fred Hoiberg at Iowa State.  Left on his own to the NBA, but ISU would have done pretty much anything to keep him.

This is known as a conundrum, and one that many IU fans are in these days. I wonder though, what if Alford were to win it all this year with UCLA, (not going to happen, but hey, for the sake of discussion), would those who are adamantly apposed to his being offered the job, relent? Personally, I'm indifferent on the subject. I just want to see us feared by the rest of the nation come tournament time. Whoever can accomplish that the fastest and with the most honor and integrity, gets my vote.

It would not change my mood no/opinion of Alford. He could win it all multiple times and I'd still say "no".

Re integrity, Alford is lacking it.

3 minutes ago, thehelgo said:

Fred Hoiberg at Iowa State.  Left on his own to the NBA, but ISU would have done pretty much anything to keep him.

They are doing just fine without him though. And he never built a championship contender.