Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I'm just waiting to see what Mile says...

Hickory too, as he never fully committed to Donovan coming in the first place. 

Mile has been quiet today and Hickory is on vacation. 

Mile said Hickory told him he was sitting on something big just a few days ago.

If it helps keep the candle burning, there's a guy on Peegs premium board that swears that Donovan's wife was in Bloomington looking for real estate.  This was posted today at 11:25 AM.  Personally, I remain unconvinced, but I'm just throwing it out there for public consumption.

2 minutes ago, nerdvana said:

If it helps keep the candle burning, there's a guy on Peegs premium board that swears that Donovan's wife was in Bloomington looking for real estate.  This was posted today at 11:25 AM.  Personally, I remain unconvinced, but I'm just throwing it out there for public consumption.

Maybe she couldn't find any houses she liked and called the whole thing off /s

But seriously this has been a rumor since Saturday.

2 minutes ago, nerdvana said:

That just seems ridiculous. If BD did have some sort of verbal agreement to come, does anybody really think he would say "honey, I'm trying to keep this IU thing on the down low for obvious reasons but if you wanna go look at houses, go ahead. Sounds like a great idea."

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not that he's who we'll end up with, but for those of you who think that Fife accomplished nothing or has had next to no head coaching experience, below is the "before and after" record of IPFW surrounding Dane's five year stint as a D1 head coach:

2001–2002[3] Doug Noll 7–21      
2002–2003[4] Doug Noll 9–21      
2003–2004[5] Doug Noll 3–25      
2004–2005[6] Doug Noll (3–13)

Joe Pechota (4–9)[7]

7–22      
2005–2006[8] Dane Fife 10–18      
United Basketball Conference (NCAA Division I) (2006–2007)
2006–2007[9] Dane Fife 12–17 6–4 3rd  
The Summit League (NCAA Division I) (2007–present)
2007–2008[10] Dane Fife 13–18 9–9 5th  
2008–2009[11] Dane Fife 13–17 8–10 5th  
2009–2010[12] Dane Fife 16–15 9–9 5th  
2010–2011[13] Dane Fife 18–12 11–7 4th  
2011–2012 Tony Jasick 11–19 5–13 T–8th  
2012–2013 Tony Jasick 16–17 7–9

That really doesn't inspire any more confidence. Says more that maybe he realized he needed more tutoring and took the MSU Asst job.

18 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Painter does not have all the baggage that Alford will bring. Also, Painter sat under Keady for a number of years and was groomed to be the next PUke coach.

Alford has left a trail of bad ju-ju in his wake. Alford has pretty much groomed himself.

I'd take Painter in a heartbeat over Alford.

Sadly, I can't rebut any of your points.

11 minutes ago, nerdvana said:

That rumor may actually have started here. Nobody has presented any sort of confirmation on it.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I don't know who it is...

But if I was in Vegas and was offered a large sum of money to put on any one candidate, it'd be Alford.

I agree.  I'll be pretty disappointed if it's Alford, but I know a lot of very wealthy old guys, who don't frequent message boards, who would be thrilled to death.  At the end of the day, appeasing rich alums and keeping money rolling in is the true goal of the AD.

Just now, nerdvana said:

I agree.  I'll be pretty disappointed if it's Alford, but I know a lot of very wealthy old guys, who don't frequent message boards, who would be thrilled to death.  At the end of the day, appeasing rich alums and keeping money rolling in is the true goal of the AD.

That's the sad thing. With Alford they see a former player who won a championship, so it must be the case that he can win one as a coach. People like that are just casuals. They don't look at body of work or analytics, just the name and what he used to be as a player. That's a huge problem. And if these are the type of people leading the charge in our coaching search we will never be elite again.

3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

BTownInsider on the other board still saying it's Donovan. Was asked the last time he checked with his source and said it was today.

Also: "It won't be Alford. If so someone with a lot of pull has gone over a lot of people's heads."

The fact that Dolson is a part of this hire does not inspire confidence in this sentiment.