Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

48 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

Is anyone else hearing a lot of Dane Fife chatter???

Realistically, I wouldn't be shocked to hear his name.  It wouldn't be optimal, but I don't think it would be the end of the world either.  Somebody is helping attract good recruits to MSU.  I know much of it is Izzo,  I know some of it is Fife too!

I can confirm Glass will interview Fife.

Second post but not sure what it means but one of Parker's search firm planes is flying in to Bloomington as we speak.
Left at 9:13 and should arrive around 11:23.
https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KBMG

That's Parker Aircraft Sales, not the search firm.

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I can't believe how many would be ok with Fife as our HC considering his HC experience or lack thereof. It really makes zero sense to take that risk at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not advocating for Fife in any way, would be a hell of a jump from a couple of years at IPFW and the 2nd chair at MSU. However, Roy Williams got the Kansas job  at 37 with 10 yrs as an Asst for Dean Smith and zero HC experience at any level. Believe me, not comparing the two. Just suggesting that the right guy with the right qualities has a chance to overcome some deficiencies.

And yes, I would take Fife over Alford.

Not advocating for Fife in any way, would be a hell of a jump from a couple of years at IPFW and the 2nd chair at MSU. However, Roy Williams got the Kansas job  at 37 with 10 yrs as an Asst for Dean Smith and zero HC experience at any level. Believe me, not comparing the two. Just suggesting that the right guy with the right qualities has a chance to overcome some deficiencies.

Agreed - Fife over Crean too!

Just now, Treesh said:

I'll take Fife over Alford and Marshall. 

Agree with Fife over Alford.  Marshall has a crazy drunk wife, but who can't like a lady willing to give all heck to UK fans.  lol - her actions Sunday, would make me question Marshall as a candidate.  We don't need that drama. 

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Agreed, 

Just now, seihoosier said:

Agree with Fife over Alford.  Marshall has a crazy drunk wife, but who can't like a lady willing to give all heck to UK fans.  lol - her actions Sunday, would make me question Marshall as a candidate.  We don't need that drama. 

No wonder those two married each other, seems like a perfect match.

2 minutes ago, seihoosier said:

How can he control a team of adolescents if he can't control his woman? :)  That said, I do appreciate a woman that enjoys her gin. (she just looks like a gin drinker)

55 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

Is anyone else hearing a lot of Dane Fife chatter???

Realistically, I wouldn't be shocked to hear his name.  It wouldn't be optimal, but I don't think it would be the end of the world either.  Somebody is helping attract good recruits to MSU.  I know much of it is Izzo,  I know some of it is Fife too!

I'm sure DF would like to have an interview (and FG said he'd listen to former players).  That said, IMO, Fife makes no sense at all and would be the most risky choice possible. Absolutely zero accomplishments as a head coach (unless you count a .478 w/l percentage at IUFW) and hasn't held such a position for several years.  He could be a great choice for #1 assistant (I'm not sure what the ranking is on the MSU bench).  If BD is a grand slam, Dane Fife would be advancing to first base on a dropped third strike.

I can confirm Glass will interview Fife.

Can you picture the interview?

Glass: Dane, refresh my memory, cause I wasn't here at the time. You were one of the players who threatened to leave if IU didn't hire Mike Davis, is that correct?

Fife: Yes, that is correct,sir.

Glass: NEXT!

Here's a question that ran through my head last night: How would you compare Alford at IU versus Painter at PU?  (Both are former players and experienced coaches, with modest success in the NCAA tourney).

Just now, Chris007 said:

One more thing on that though is they are coming from Villa Rica, GA which is a suburb of ATL 

It's perfectly possible that it's owned by a family member of the firm. Owner of Parker Search is Dan Parker and looks like Parker Aircraft is owned by a Jeff Parker. I'm guessing its all coincidence. 

Just now, Tom White said:

Can you picture the interview?

Glass: Dane, refresh my memory, cause I wasn't here at the time. You were one of the players who threatened to leave if IU didn't hire Mike Davis, is that correct?

Fife: Yes, that is correct,sir.

Glass: NEXT!

Yes, that is one fact that will probably always stick in my craw.  Also, we've had one taste of the Izzo coaching tree - do we want to have another?

I started a thread on Fife once. I think he would be solid. I just don't think the timing is right for what we have been through. We need a homerun type hire keeping him in mind. It's kind of like when you go for an interview and you don't get the job the first time around , but then down the road you get another interview and you get it. I think Fife could be our guy in the Future, that's why I would like to see him on our bench as an assistant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app