Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

98260df10dd88ec62b220bb1b38c9ca8.jpg

This sounds like our next coach. I'm not exhilarated about it. But reading that quote it sure sounds like the Alford rumors have merit.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Sounds like a guy who wants to be Indiana's coach. We've heard rumors from the same people that said Crean was being fired that Alford has been ruled out by Glass.

4 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Sounds like a guy who wants to be Indiana's coach. We've heard rumors from the same people that said Crean was being fired that Alford has been ruled out by Glass.

Really?

UCLA fans don't even want Alford. That's telling.

http://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_basketball/2017/3/19/14977182/have-indiana-hoosiers-offered-ucla-bruins-steve-alford-a-7-yr-31m-contract

"So, let me get this straight. According to this report, Adidas is about to get suckered into paying UCLA another $7.8 million to take our basketball coach of questionable moral character who has never made it past the Sweet 16 off our hands? Now, this is an Adidas check that Dan Guerrero should send Tyus Edney to cash!"

There have been no flights from okc to Indy or to btown this morning. Could it be he flew in last night of course but I really didn't have time to go through all the flight history. Plenty of websites you guys can look at. Just Google flight history

Sent from my LG-H820 using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I'm thinking we'll end up with someone else altogether. If you think about it, it was pretty amazing how few people actually knew about Crean being fired. If this is left up to Glass, and I'm not totally sure it is, I bet select few actually really know what is going on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What gives me some hope is that the same posters that were saying there'd be a press conference and that Crean was probably gone are the same ones saying Donovan.

2 minutes ago, Travis Scott said:

Just going to throw this out there... Steve Alford's UCLA team has a TOTAL of 9 turnovers in the tournament so far after only giving up the ball 3 times last night in a game that they scored 79 pts.  

Don't try to make me feel better about it Tweeder, it's not going to work.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Dakich thinking its Alford is concerning considering the Alford/Dakich connection.

The Adidas part from that article is highly interesting.

Wow. Hope these BD insiders are right.

Yeah, honestly the quote from Dakich in Doyle's article is concerning.. I usually like to think they are both full of it. 

43 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I hope IF it's Alford, the fanbase can give him a solid 3 years of support to prove himself in the way we did for Crean. The hatred towards him has me scared of what could be coming.

I don't think its hatred but rather frustration - with our administration.

I mean, take a look at what you just wrote. "I hope the fanbase can give him a solid 3 years." Does that sound like a home run hire? Does that sound like the kind of coach we're looking for? No, that sounds like another Crean, another mediocre hire- "alright lets give him a chance and see how it goes, guys." NO. Glass needs to make the right hire NOW. A proven guy and to me, Alford just isn't that guy. It's that simple. 

24 minutes ago, RTJ85 said:

UCLA fans don't even want Alford. That's telling.

http://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_basketball/2017/3/19/14977182/have-indiana-hoosiers-offered-ucla-bruins-steve-alford-a-7-yr-31m-contract

"So, let me get this straight. According to this report, Adidas is about to get suckered into paying UCLA another $7.8 million to take our basketball coach of questionable moral character who has never made it past the Sweet 16 off our hands? Now, this is an Adidas check that Dan Guerrero should send Tyus Edney to cash!"

Literally all anyone needs to read. Where have we discussed coaches with large buyouts who have don't make it past the Sweet Sixteen... hmmmm...