Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

6 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I heard a rumor that Donovan is in Bloomington right now. Arrived this morning.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Incredibly doubtful:

Monday, March 20
8:00 PM                
    Golden State   at
    Oklahoma City

9 hours ago, schoosier said:

Sure but it hasn't kept him from coaching UCLA who keeps winning. Would your one mistake be carrying Creans water pale all these years? I say that tongue in cheek of course.

Pail* Clearly my mistake was trying to have an intelligent conversation about this.

Keeps winning? What did he do last year with multiple NBA players on his roster? Consistently early exits from the tournament with top seeds? I disagree. His resume looks much like Crean's.

He is not a homerun hire and I have to say I am nervous with all this Alford to IU talk. Look at it this way. Most of us want Donovan over Alford but what if the national media was saying Donovan to IU. Would we say they are wrong? I worry we just go off what we want to hear instead of common sense. Maybe that's just the pessimistic side coming out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I want Donovan but my gut feeling says it won't be him.  Sadly I won't be surprised if we end up with Alford.
My gut also said Crean was staying so there is that.

I'm thinking we'll end up with someone else altogether. If you think about it, it was pretty amazing how few people actually knew about Crean being fired. If this is left up to Glass, and I'm not totally sure it is, I bet select few actually really know what is going on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, that's my fear.
Hope Glass can somehow unite the fanbase. (The Alford rumors make sense and matches much of Glass' comments-And Janitor continues to beat that drum)

It seems the only way that happens is Stevens, Donovan, and MAYBE Sean Miller.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Janitor has been pumping the story that Alford wants IU, but recently began saying Donovan like everyone else

He is not a homerun hire and I have to say I am nervous with all this Alford to IU talk. Look at it this way. Most of us want Donovan over Alford but what if the national media was saying Donovan to IU. Would we say they are wrong? I worry we just go off what we want to hear instead of common sense. Maybe that's just the pessimistic side coming out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I think you've pinned down the narrative pretty well.