Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Alford made a mistake and has owned up to it. Just curious of those of us on Btown who has made decisions they wish they could change?

I'm not being considered for a contract worth millions of dollars. Your mistakes cost more when the opportunities are worth more. And there are better options who have made less egregious mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Wish he could do that with his coaching too. I really wish I could like him just as a coach, but I can't. Just 22 years of data that he rarely elevated the talent he had. A good coach makes the position better at the various locations. His lack of consistency scares the hell out of me with what we just got rid of. I would rather have Marshall and his bat **** crazy wife. At least we have a chance of consistency.

Alford wasn't high on my list if I remember since we've all been discussing Creans replacement. At least 6-7 years for me lol. I think I put him in tier 3 with all the other ex Hoosiers. Tier 1 BS or BD and tier 2 A Miller, Marshall & Hoiberg. I'm sure there were others I can't remember, but I believe Alford is a much better coach than we've had.

16 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Alford made a mistake and has owned up to it. Just curious of those of us on Btown who has made decisions they wish they could change?

He owned up to it 12 years later! And this was after being super defensive about it at his introductory news conference at UCLA. He didn't do it out of any real sense of contrition, he did it because of the heat he was taking.

The guy is pure slime.

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I'm not being considered for a contract worth millions of dollars. Your mistakes cost more when the opportunities are worth more. And there are better options who have made less egregious mistakes.

Sure but it hasn't kept him from coaching UCLA who keeps winning. Would your one mistake be carrying Creans water pale all these years? I say that tongue in cheek of course.

Alford wasn't high on my list if I remember since we've all been discussing Creans replacement. At least 6-7 years for me lol. I think I put him in tier 3 with all the other ex Hoosiers. Tier 1 BS or BD and tier 2 A Miller, Marshall & Hoiberg. I'm sure there were others I can't remember, but I believe Alford is a much better coach than we've had.

I can honestly say I am not sure he is. The fact he has made the tournament 9 out of 22 years is bad. Even if he was in it 15-17 times I would say solid. I think Crean could have went where he was and got similar results. I do hope he rides the wave of Balls into a title. That would be awesome for him to make a run one of these years.

Edit: I hope the same for Sean Miller cause I do like watching his squads. He has had some serious talent and been unable to go far in the tournament.

2 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Sure but it hasn't kept him from coaching UCLA who keeps winning. Would your one mistake be carrying Creans water pale all these years? I say that tongue in cheek of course.

If UCLA wants to employ him that's fine. Doesn't make him a fine upstanding guy though. Just means they compromised their integrity

2 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

He owned up to it 12 years later! And this was after being super defensive about it at his introductory news conference at UCLA. He didn't do it out of any real sense of contrition, he did it because of the heat he was taking.

The guy is pure slime.

Well let's compare him to his contemperaries of Pitino, Calipari, Boeheim, Roy or even K. I can go there with all of them. Or let's look at his alma mater in Knight or Sampson. See a pattern? No one is squeaky clean in this game. 

In post game news conf Alford was just just told, wasn't really asked, that there was a published report about an offer from IU. He said (paraphrasing) "no... I answered that earlier this week and I don't have anything else else to say..." There was a definite no though, FWIW

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If UCLA wants to employ him that's fine. Doesn't make him a fine upstanding guy though. Just means they compromised their integrity

Yep just like we have done letting Knight head bump, kick, make light of rape. Was it alright then cause we were winning or was it a different time? How long ago was Alford's? 

Wish he could do that with his coaching too. I really wish I could like him just as a coach, but I can't. Just 22 years of data that he rarely elevated the talent he had. A good coach makes the position better at the various locations. His lack of consistency scares the hell out of me with what we just got rid of. I would rather have Marshall and his bat **** crazy wife. At least we have a chance of consistency.

This

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

She*

This is a "Mouth Of South" moment if true that "Janitor" is a woman.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about their was a regular poster on a Colts board with that handle who everyone assumed was a man many years ago. After Hurricane Katrina this poster's house was washed away I believe and Jim Irsay paid for her to come to a game as a result of her struggles from the storm. Turns out "Mouth Of South" was a 70 year old lady when her identity was revealed through news stories from Irsay's gesture. 

Just goes to show you never assume the gender or anything else about a person's identity on a message board where people are anonymous.